What's new

what's your preferred cotton wicking material?

Your best Wicking material

• Fiber Freaks Original

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas Tuff

• Celtic Cotton

• Ko Gen Do

• UD Organic

• Total voters
None of the above. Coil master pro cotton balls. Beats cotton bacon for flavour by a country mile. But doesn't work well at high wattage. Up to around 80w it's fine. Above that it struggles. But for flavour cotton bacon just doesn't compare.

None of the above. Coil master pro cotton balls. Beats cotton bacon for flavour by a country mile. But doesn't work well at high wattage. Up to around 80w it's fine. Above that it struggles. But for flavour cotton bacon just doesn't compare.
Got some sitting in my FT basket. :)

Kendo gold, spot on, just need to prime it well, once sorted it is hands down better than cb v2

Another vote for kendo gold, I still use cb v2 but prefer kendo gold[emoji4]

Got some sitting in my FT basket. :)
You won't be disappointed. Ment tried it as well and was impressed but found the same problem as me at high watts. I tend to keep it for my tanks that I vape between 30 and 60 watts + mtl and I have no problems at all. It's super soft and super absorbent and it's a very clean, crisp taste from the very first vape, whereas Cotton Bacon needs to be broken in and has a very distinct taste for at least a couple of tanks. The only downside really is that it's in balls so has to be unrolled and cut. Would be nice if they did a version in strips. But the balls are great for mesh tanks which is why I bought it to start with.

Cotton Bacon's big strength is ease of use and the ability to withstand very high wattage, imho.

Like an impatient noob few weeks ago now I used a cotton wool pad from my wife's make up bag as I was waiting for some muji to turn up in the post and it was actually ok , but the muji is really good, never tried any other as I am a coiling wicking DIY nooby numpty, getting the hang of it now though, I did a duel coil on my new goblin V3 was going for 0.7 ohms got 0.65 wicking is good, no leaks and amazing flavour.

I'm going to have to add Kendo Gold to the list - a large contingent of advocacy can't be ignored. The market and options on cotton wicking material is quite varied, every time I start looking I come across at least one more brand of cotton I hadn't seen or heard of previously.
so in no particualr order:
Native Wicks
Kendo Gold
Fuzz
Texas Tuff
Coil Master pro - although the cotton balls does put me off.
February before more purchases methinks.. unless my wife breaks into my tub of Fuzion cotton in order to clean her nail polish..I shouldn't even joke about that..

i keep hearing about kendo gold never used it before may order a pack when i get paid..

Back
Top Bottom