What's new

Restarting my DIY and question on test batches

Jaffacakes

Postman
Hi all, this may have already been asked but have some questions.

This all arrived today! Woop. Gunna make up the bottle shot first however...

Now I was gunna make up big batches then read and realised this is indeed a stupid thing to do .

I have got 5 different concentrates, now could I in theory mix up one flavour of each of 5mls and then mix and match them to come up with a recipe, or is it best to make 6/7 small test batches of different combinations?

I know its probably a silly question as I can't see why doing batches of single concentrations and then mixing those would be an issue but you guys are far more experienced.

Thank you

Attachments

• 20200402_134613.jpg
    20200402_134613.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 262
Last edited:
I'd redo that photo and remove the item of which we cannot mention.

If you mix single concentrates seperately you're diluting them. Any further combining & mixing will dilute them further. If you're using recipes use the required %. If creating your own mix small 5-10ml batches noting % of each concentrate, pg/vg. You can do these without nic so as not to waste any on shit mixes. Biggest thing is making copious notes & identifying which combos work, or don't. Nothing worse than trying a mix but not remembering how you made it.

If you mix single concentrates seperately you're diluting them. Any further combining & mixing will dilute them further. If you're using recipes use the required %. If creating your own mix small 5-10ml batches noting % of each concentrate, pg/vg. You can do these without nic so as not to waste any on shit mixes. Biggest thing is making copious notes & identifying which combos work, or don't. Nothing worse than trying a mix but not remembering how you made it.

Yeh I'm not using recipes... just going my own way lol.

So currently I have made 5ml batches of each flavour individually, all at 2% a couple that are slightly over but have recorded on a little sticker on the bottle. Maybe a little low but you can always add more, much more difficult to take away. Yeh I know adding more will throw out nic levels and PG ratio but tbh it's mainly about flavour I'm not going to vape that loads lol.

Once I have found a good percentage of each flavour I am then thinking of putting like a drop or 2 of each on a RDA (in the post from fastech) to then mix, whilst again recording the percentage of each mix, does that make sense? I think I may be overthinking and maybe making this far more long winded that needs be though... itll take like a year at this rate before I make my first full batch of anything

Yeh I'm not using recipes... just going my own way lol.

So currently I have made 5ml batches of each flavour individually, all at 2% a couple that are slightly over but have recorded on a little sticker on the bottle. Maybe a little low but you can always add more, much more difficult to take away. Yeh I know adding more will throw out nic levels and PG ratio but tbh it's mainly about flavour I'm not going to vape that loads lol.

Once I have found a good percentage of each flavour I am then thinking of putting like a drop or 2 of each on a RDA (in the post from fastech) to then mix, whilst again recording the percentage of each mix, does that make sense? I think I may be overthinking and maybe making this far more long winded that needs be though... itll take like a year at this rate before I make my first full batch of anything

I used to something very similar to that, so I think it is a good way to go.

The most enjoyable thing about mixing is experimenting and however you do it, if it works for you and your having fun to boot then go for it. As you say, keep lots of notes as you go along so you can follow and repeat what you've done when you come across a combination that you like.

Back
Top Bottom