What's new

First time using mech mod

That's another thing I wanted to know, would I be better off with a bigger amp battery or higher ohm coils, so I can stay safe
It's a trade off between higher amp to build low & lower amp & run time. High amp batteries have less capacity. Build coils to the CDR amp rating with a percentage of headroom.

It's a trade off between higher amp to build low & lower amp & run time. High amp batteries have less capacity. Build coils to the CDR amp rating with a percentage of headroom.
That's what my problem was, because I'm so used to getting pre-made coils that come out at .1 - .12 I just thought about keeping the ohms the same and just upping the battery amps, but if I can get a similar vape from a .2 build then I can do that, do i still need bigger amp batteries tho or can i keep the Samsung 25r

The one I seen I'm almost certain it said samsung
There is no CDR rated 40A battery regardless of what it says on the label. If in doubt check out Mooch & his thorough testing of nearly all available cells. The ratings he gives following testing are the figures responsible vendors like Fogstar & 18650.co.uk use.

That's what my problem was, because I'm so used to getting pre-made coils that come out at .1 - .12 I just thought about keeping the ohms the same and just upping the battery amps, but if I can get a similar vape from a .2 build then I can do that, do i still need bigger amp batteries tho or can i keep the Samsung 25r
Then take your premade coil put it on a coiling rod/screwdriver and add a extra wrap from each leg instead of cutting them off and check the resistance on your regulated mod as you might get away with using the same coils [emoji6]

Samsung 25R are rated to 20A so no. Use Sony VTC5A, Molicell P26A or Samsung 20S/25S if using 18650. As you can use 21700 cells then Samsung 30T, 40T or Molicell P42A.

Samsung 25R are rated to 20A so no. Use Sony VTC5A, Molicell P26A or Samsung 20S/25S if using 18650. As you can use 21700 cells then Samsung 30T, 40T or Molicell P42A.
^^^^^
This

Stop hanging onto your £3 battery's like your married to them they are no good for a mech and if you have the option of a 21700 you should take it as there better all round so don't think about saving a few quid when it comes to a mech safety is more important

I only use wattage on my reg mod, but it's on 80 watts, volts say ( when I pulse it, it says 2.73 )
I'm guessing if you add an extra wrap, to each pre built coil, you should end up close to this. You 25R isn't up to it. But a 20s will do the job. And it's about the same as your regulated vape power.
4E2C097F-7CAC-43B4-A913-B10DCFBF40A5.png

Even tho those Samsung's say 30T and 40T, I take it don't mean 30 amps and 40 amps

^^^^^
This

Stop hanging onto your £3 battery's like your married to them they are no good for a mech and if you have the option of a 21700 you should take it as there better all round so don't think about saving a few quid when it comes to a mech safety is more important
First of all these 25r's cost me £12 when I first bought them, and I've already said I'm happy to use bigger batteries if it's safer for me, if I get the 21700's do I still need to up my ohms too

Back
Top Bottom