What's new

Suggestions Please and Thanks.

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
We need to do some Battery Shopping. :(
Before I do my usual and end up getting 18650s that "inevitably" you'll all tell me are wrong :D I thought it wiser to ask for opinions. ;)

Mainly, "most" of my builds are either 3 id or 2.5 id SS316L and used in TC mode. Usually I tend to be content at about 26 to 28 watts.
Occasionally I use Coilology NI80 Clapton Wire at the same build shown above.

I have used Molicels pretty much exclusively for 21700s, but I NEED to replace our old 18650s, so wondered about Moli's or Samsungs, but as I said, I'm after recommendations please Folks :worship:

Molicel tops dent too easily in my experience, so I stick with Sony VTC5A/VTC6 or Samsung 30Q. Admittedly we do vape a bit differently though (mostly 45W KA1 mesh builds for me).

Molicel tops dent too easily in my experience, so I stick with Sony VTC5A/VTC6 or Samsung 30Q. Admittedly we do vape a bit differently though (mostly 45W KA1 mesh builds for me).

Agreed about the Molicels John :( Which is why I had been thinking about the Samsungs, ironically we have a matched pair of 30Qs and they are about the most reliable that we are still using. :)

I'm a Sony guy, so I'm with John. VTC6 would be my personal choice, even tho they are more expensive.

I'm happy with Molicel, never had an issue with denting, but I know others have. For 21700's recently I've been really happy with the Samsung 50S, cracking battery and 20A.

For 18650 and given your wattage, you only really need a 10A battery (should be ok up to 30W). If you want some headroom, never tried them, the Fogstar 3000 would suit (15A so up to 45W), and not bad on the pocket.

Otherwise, as other recommend...

My other half says it's all down to what colour you prefer :). I've currently got Molicel M35A and Samsung 30Q.

Ooooh BTW? Does anyone have the "Friday Discount Code" please? I haven't seen it yet?

Just to note, Samsung and Sony wraps tear quite easily (I blame the super strong springs in my Xtar VC4 charger!) so I always rewrap mine with these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185311159703

They're nice and think and go on with no crinkles. The different colours are handy for keeping sets paired too. Much better quality than ODB, although with those you're obviously paying for the design.

Back
Top Bottom