What's new

Did you go out today?

Are you local to the Addicks then? The Valley's not far from me.

No, 63.4miles away, used to go by dedicated coach, organised by Hastings and St Leonards CAFC supporters branch. It's quite odd, because I was a childhood Leeds United fan, and am still a Leeds fan now. You might be surprised how many people have season tickets or regularly go and watch teams that is not their "first" club. We had quite a few Man U supporters, also Chelsea and others, that went all the time. In 1995 my season ticket cost £150 and I think it was £8 per game for coach travel. In the Royal Oak beforehand, loads of Guinness, game, hot dog from the excellent one man band vendor outside the Covered End afterwards. Brilliant, Kids for a quid, as well, that was the actual name of the promotion. Saw Charlton v Leeds a couple of times, that was really weird for me. I hope Charlton survive, it's not looking good at all, the club was bought by shady people who don't seem to have a clue, or any money to invest - despite their apparent wealth.

No, 63.4miles away, used to go by dedicated coach, organised by Hastings and St Leonards CAFC supporters branch. It's quite odd, because I was a childhood Leeds United fan, and am still a Leeds fan now. You might be surprised how many people have season tickets or regularly go and watch teams that is not their "first" club. We had quite a few Man U supporters, also Chelsea and others, that went all the time. In 1995 my season ticket cost £150 and I think it was £8 per game for coach travel. In the Royal Oak beforehand, loads of Guinness, game, hot dog from the excellent one man band vendor outside the Covered End afterwards. Brilliant, Kids for a quid, as well, that was the actual name of the promotion. Saw Charlton v Leeds a couple of times, that was really weird for me. I hope Charlton survive, it's not looking good at all, the club was bought by shady people who don't seem to have a clue, or any money to invest - despite their apparent wealth.
I'm not a huge footie fan, but have worked many "matchday" pubs around SE London and know Charlton has (or did anyway) have an exceptionally good reputation for a family friendly attitude and atmosphere. Where I am now is slap bang between Charlton, Gillingham, Dartford and Ebbsfleet United, and even though they're mostly different leagues, everyone round here goes to the Valley almost regardless of who they support so yeah, everything you say rings true.

I noticed ages ago, favourite player? Peter Lorimer for me, and a mention for Lee Bowyer, who I saw develop in 95/96, when I had a season ticket at Charlton Athletic, a nutter, but so technically gifted, and could run all day.

As a Birmingham fan, I loved Lee Boywer, dogged player who just gave it his all, one of those players you'd want on your team & not on the opposite side of the pitch

I've been put, just walking the last couple of days, funny how a bit of rain scares off the lockdown joggers & cyclists

Roads, apart from rush hour just looks normal around here, though I read the other day the changes to the exercise rules. You can drive to a spot for exercise but your exercise needs to be longer than the commute, maybe that's where they all went? :18:

Worrying time being a Leeds fan and not knowing what's happening with the league situation, just our luck to be top of the table and Corona ruining everything. Are we going up or do we have to do it all again. We finally have a great manager but will he stay if we have to have another season in the Championship, talk about stressed out.

As a Birmingham fan, I loved Lee Boywer, dogged player who just gave it his all, one of those players you'd want on your team & not on the opposite side of the pitch

I've been put, just walking the last couple of days, funny how a bit of rain scares off the lockdown joggers & cyclists

Roads, apart from rush hour just looks normal around here, though I read the other day the changes to the exercise rules. You can drive to a spot for exercise but your exercise needs to be longer than the commute, maybe that's where they all went? :18:

I think people have finally had enough of the Lockdown and thinking sod it, it's been really busy car wise where i am.

Worrying time being a Leeds fan and not knowing what's happening with the league situation, just our luck to be top of the table and Corona ruining everything. Are we going up or do we have to do it all again. We finally have a great manager but will he stay if we have to have another season in the Championship, talk about stressed out.

I think it would be really harsh on Liverpool & Leeds. The worrying thing for is other European leagues are just being rebooted for next season

I think Liverpool deserve the Premiership title but the decision to let Leeds go up is going to be harder because the teams that have to go down are going to moan about it not been a full season and that they should stay up.

I think Liverpool deserve the Premiership title but the decision to let Leeds go up is going to be harder because the teams that have to go down are going to moan about it not been a full season and that they should stay up.
It's really tricky as yes Liverpool should take the prem title but for relegation it's much trickier as the clubs as you say could argue that they could have managed to stay up. Also in the championship Leeds might not have finished top or even top 2 as Fulham could overtake them, also, what do you do about the playoffs? On a purely selfish note obviously as we are currently 5th!

Back
Top Bottom