What's new

Did you go out today?

I think Liverpool deserve the Premiership title but the decision to let Leeds go up is going to be harder because the teams that have to go down are going to moan about it not been a full season and that they should stay up.
The only fair way is to cancel the season, like they’ve done in the Netherlands and elsewhere. And if they don’t, and announce winners and movers, there’s going to be tens of thousands breaking lockdown to stand outside dead stadia.

I’d add, I’d find it very funny too. Can you imagine the volume of the Scouse whine! :D

I think people have finally had enough of the Lockdown and thinking sod it, it's been really busy car wise where i am.

Yeah, bit of both, the sod it crew then these travelling to beauty spots, I've spoken to a couple of mates that are doing it & can see a load of cars travelling with dogs & kids. I called bullshit because I didn't have a clue the rules had been updated :18: More shops are starting to open too now so a mixture of all three

The football is just hard situation, doesn't affect us but then you can see clubs moaning at the league table finish position bonuses they're get (if any!). So far it looks they want to squeeze the games in in June to August & then just crack on with the next season. The bookies seem to think the season will start again at some point in June

Liverpool should get the Prem title, as for the rest of it (all leagues and divisions), buggered if I know, or anyone knows, how that all gets sorted out. If and when the games might get played I cant imagine many players being match fit, surely they would need weeks of proper training first.

It's really tricky as yes Liverpool should take the prem title but for relegation it's much trickier as the clubs as you say could argue that they could have managed to stay up. Also in the championship Leeds might not have finished top or even top 2 as Fulham could overtake them, also, what do you do about the playoffs? On a purely selfish note obviously as we are currently 5th!

Leeds would of won the Championship i think we all know that if we were being honest, @Mawsley Cantona was ok but there are a lot of Leeds players who i think were better than him like Harry Kewell and in this Leeds team Pablo Hernandez is under rated but a class player.

If they give Liverpool the title they'd have to give the titles to the leaders in every league, there's over 140 leagues in the English footballing pyramid with probably 139 of them not being as clear cut as the EPL. Then the mess of playoffs & relegation. It'll either get to resume or be totally scrapped

Ultimately, if it starts again, football will resume because of Premier League greed. It won’t be about honour, integrity or doing the right thing. It’ll have fuck all consideration for fans or season tickets. And they won’t do it because they give a shit about the pyramid.

I loved Leicester, the coronas has killed off my love of football.

Ultimately, if it starts again, football will resume because of Premier League greed. It won’t be about honour, integrity or doing the right thing. It’ll have fuck all consideration for fans or season tickets. And they won’t do it because they give a shit about the pyramid.

I loved Leicester, the coronas has killed off my love of football.
Sadly I agree with you. This is about nothing other than money, they want it to restart or the Prem League lose a fortune in broadcasting rights money. They don't care about the pyramid or honour or the fans just getting the cash rolling in or they would follow the other leagues and just scrap this season and start the next season when it is absolutely safe to do so. If they go back to finish the season and 1 person dies because they did then it was not worth it at all.
It's quite amusing up here at the moment with the Saudi's looking set to take over Newcastle, amazes me how many of their fans don't care about their human rights record and many other things, they just want the dough and how they can pass anyone's definition of a fit and proper owners test is beyond me.
PS @LordOdin I think West Brom would have won the championship.

It's quite amusing up here at the moment with the Saudi's looking set to take over Newcastle, amazes me how many of their fans don't care about their human rights record and many other things, they just want the dough and how they can pass anyone's definition of a fit and proper owners test is beyond me.
PS @LordOdin I think West Brom would have won the championship.
Oh mate, whining about Mike Ashley being a twat - and then they're celebrating being run by the sponsors of 9/11...but then I guess the threat of having a limb cut off might inspire their shite squad to perform better. It's a complete joke.

Going down the leagues - what about Colchester? They're in the chase for playoffs but they've had to lost four members of the first team at the end of April. Instantly this would gift most teams left to play with three points. Great for Northampton, not so great for others. I simply don't see how a continuation of the season can ever work.

Oh mate, whining about Mike Ashley being a twat - and then they're celebrating being run by the sponsors of 9/11...but then I guess the threat of having a limb cut off might inspire their shite squad to perform better. It's a complete joke.

Going down the leagues - what about Colchester? They're in the chase for playoffs but they've had to lost four members of the first team at the end of April. Instantly this would gift most teams left to play with three points. Great for Northampton, not so great for others. I simply don't see how a continuation of the season can ever work.
Yep, they hate Mile Ashley but as far as I know he's never had a journalist killed. They just don't seem to care what the Saudi's have done and will continue to do, they scream and shout about working practices at Sports Direct yet wash over women being beaten and worse. They also seem to think that the Saudi's will spend all their money on transfers and forget about the FFP rules. I also like pointing out that they had 40 million and bought Joe Linton ha ha
The lower leagues will suffer most as they don't have the cash in the bank to see them through and that is awful for Colchester!! I too don't see how continuing can work at all.

Back
Top Bottom