What's new

Ares 2/II RTA Prototype

Mine arrived this morning & it's good. Better than the v1, that's for sure.

It's as easy to build & wick as you'd imagine from the videos, and the flavour's been good so far ( one tankful through it )

Airflow is much better than the v1. No whistle, a smoother draw & can go golf-ball-through-straw tight if you want it to.

2 minor downsides though ( one is a manufacturing? problem with my tank I expect )

My airflow doesn't 'click' into place. Just turns. At least the airflow ring is stiff & isn't loose.

And it's a bit thirstier than I expected it to be. Not quite 'Galaxies RDTA thirsty', but, yeah.

Maybe it's the hot weather:hmm:

Mine arrived this morning & it's good. Better than the v1, that's for sure.

It's as easy to build & wick as you'd imagine from the videos, and the flavour's been good so far ( one tankful through it )

Airflow is much better than the v1. No whistle, a smoother draw & can go golf-ball-through-straw tight if you want it to.

2 minor downsides though ( one is a manufacturing? problem with my tank I expect )

My airflow doesn't 'click' into place. Just turns. At least the airflow ring is stiff & isn't loose.

And it's a bit thirstier than I expected it to be. Not quite 'Galaxies RDTA thirsty', but, yeah.

Maybe it's the hot weather:hmm:

Thanks @MoodyB that's really good to know. I might try one when I'm flusher. Do they still come with a tinted spare glass? That was my favourite thing about the V1 (as the performance wasn't so good).

@rew Mine hasn't turned up yet from CDV either. Nay mind, gives us another couple of days to prepare for that sinking feeling that follows further disappointment. Hows does that saying go again... Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me! ;-)

Would appreciate if you guys trying the tank out could detail what builds (coil and cotton type, coil gauge etc) you're using and what PG/VG ratio juice you're also plonking in it.

I've tried one of the coils that comes with the tank ( 1ohm 26gauge Kanthal A1 I think? ) and a Hellvape 1ohm dual core clapton.

Wick is FibreFreaks Cotton Blends pads & juice is 70pg / 30vg.

No leaking / wicking problems whatsoever but as I said it does seem to be a thirsty tank.

I realise the wicks are probably twice the length of your average tank though, so they will retain a bit of liquid even when the tank is empty.

Sigh. Well it appears that the Ares and me are destined not to get along. My Ares 2 arrived today from CDV in its sealed box and it's faulty and unusable from the off.

As soon as I unscrewed the tank to inspect the deck I noticed the screw was missing from the positive coil deck post. I checked the box and found two spare screws but after failing to screw either of them into the post I realised that the actual post hole hasn't been threaded at all, so it's a non starter. The negative post appears fine.

I have always rated the build quality of Innokin products and still have my itaste VTR on my desk as a reminder of what I used to help me quit smoking, but how on earth this got through quality control is mind boggling, and the fact that it did leaves me somewhat concerned. So, if you have one on the way please check everything is ok before you use it and good luck. I won't be trying another one.

Back
Top Bottom