Votes: 1 2.2%
  • the damage and fear of the mask thing has been badly done

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • my banana has no mask

Votes: 12 26.7%

• Total voters
Thanks god asians are so good at origami. That really is genius

If I've got Covid, I caught it today :flames:

Went into Sports Direct to get some new gym clobber, whilst waiting in the queue for the till a bloke walked over to look at something hanging to the side of the aisle. He pulled his mask down, coughed then walked off, fucking prick

The amount of people I saw faffing with masks, not covering their noses was ridiculous

In general, people are morons

People don't care about safety until they actually catch the fucker.
Then when they do they are the first to complain.

That's just one of the reason why masks, in my opinion why of limited use.
I had to use them in numerous work roles over the years, if you do not know how to put them on, wear them, and take them off, they can be more of a danger than not wearing them.

If I've got Covid, I caught it today :flames:

Went into Sports Direct to get some new gym clobber, whilst waiting in the queue for the till a bloke walked over to look at something hanging to the side of the aisle. He pulled his mask down, coughed then walked off, fucking prick

The amount of people I saw faffing with masks, not covering their noses was ridiculous

In general, people are morons

I have often said to my other OH when she is exhausted.
This gym stuff is not at all healthy for you, you look worse than me. :18:

People don't care about safety until they actually catch the fucker.
Then when they do they are the first to complain.

No sure I agree with that, to be honest.
It's a bit like most of the illness'es I have, you don't know you have it till it's to late. :)

Not sure where you are or if you'll get it but it was on politics scotland on Tuesday or Wednesday on bbc1 or sky 115.

All the people I know who work in wetherspoons were furloughed. I worked in one about 12 years ago and still speak to a few people who work for them regularly and they furloughed the same as any other employer.

Supermarkets and off licenses may have 50% more but that's not going to be equal to what pubs would have paid and opening them will still have had the money they bring in to the economy taking in to account.

Thanks for the info.
Got it on Iplayer, watched it all.
Interesting rhetoric from the would be president of the new free republic.
But unfortunately she has no jurisdiction over the UK in general, and England in specifics.

Reminds me of a younger Angela Merkle. :18:

So lets finish our recent discussion in this way.
You are correct in your views on your local are. including furlough, excise revenue
I am correct in my views on my local area, here in Central Bedfordshire, everything is fine & dandy. :)

Taken from the HSE website https://www.hse.gov.uk/coronavirus/ppe-face-masks/face-coverings-and-face-masks.htm

Face coverings and face masks at work during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak

Face coverings
Face coverings are mainly intended to protect others and not the wearer. The risk of COVID infection at work must be managed by following the right controls, including:

• social distancing or, where that is not possible, reducing the number of people in the work area
  • high standards of hand hygiene
  • increasing surface washing
  • assigning and keeping people to shift teams
  • using screens and barriers to separate people from each other
These are the best ways of managing risk in the workplace. You can find specific guidance on working safely during the coronavirus outbreak.

If your workers choose to wear face coverings you should support them. There are some circumstances when wearing a face covering is required as a precautionary measure.

Face coverings are not classed as personal protective equipment (PPE) as they:

• are generally not manufactured to a recognised standard and not CE marked
  • do not provide a proven level of protection for work risks such as dust and spray
face-covering.jpg

Example of a face covering

Surgical face masks
Surgical face masks are designed to be normally worn in medical settings to limit the spread of infection. Wearing them should be very limited outside of healthcare activities because they are not generally considered to be PPE in non-healthcare situations.

Unlike face coverings, they:

• are manufactured to a recognised standard
  • are resistant to droplets of fluids and splashes
facemask1.jpg

Example of a surgical face mask
Using PPE at work during the coronavirus outbreak

Taken from the HSE website https://www.hse.gov.uk/coronavirus/ppe-face-masks/face-coverings-and-face-masks.htm

Face coverings and face masks at work during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak

Face coverings
Face coverings are mainly intended to protect others and not the wearer. The risk of COVID infection at work must be managed by following the right controls, including:

• social distancing or, where that is not possible, reducing the number of people in the work area
  • high standards of hand hygiene
  • increasing surface washing
  • assigning and keeping people to shift teams
  • using screens and barriers to separate people from each other
These are the best ways of managing risk in the workplace. You can find specific guidance on working safely during the coronavirus outbreak.

If your workers choose to wear face coverings you should support them. There are some circumstances when wearing a face covering is required as a precautionary measure.

Face coverings are not classed as personal protective equipment (PPE) as they:

• are generally not manufactured to a recognised standard and not CE marked
  • do not provide a proven level of protection for work risks such as dust and spray
face-covering.jpg

Example of a face covering

Surgical face masks
Surgical face masks are designed to be normally worn in medical settings to limit the spread of infection. Wearing them should be very limited outside of healthcare activities because they are not generally considered to be PPE in non-healthcare situations.

Unlike face coverings, they:

• are manufactured to a recognised standard
  • are resistant to droplets of fluids and splashes
facemask1.jpg

Example of a surgical face mask
Using PPE at work during the coronavirus outbreak
Jesus wept - look at the gaps at the side of the 'surgical' mask! :11:

Yesterday, while shopping in Lidl's, Mrs knome said "Where's your mask?" to a lady not wearing a mask.
After my initial cringe I strode up to Mrs knome and said "Leave people alone, it's none of your fucking business! All you have to do is steer clear and carry on with your day."
Mrs knome was suitably chastised and was nice to me for the rest of the day.
We were wearing masks... surgical ones... with gaps...

Back
Top Bottom