What's new

New member and a question from the advance users if you can please ?

NayB

Hello I’m new member here and I have a quick question if some advance users don’t mind jumping in to give me some advice

I’ve moved over from disposable vapes to a mod/pod system and I’m watching some reviews about salts and on the comment of one of them a user told the person in the video he shouldn’t be vaping his liquid with the system he was using witch was kinda like mine I’ve got atm witch is a innokin z80 with a 1.6ohm coil an the salts I’m using atm are 20mg 50/50 at a max of 14wats

he was using a 0.3 coil at 30wats witch I wouldn’t do myself personally but the comment went on to say he wouldn’t advise using that type of kit for that style of vaping and he wouldn’t do anything less then 70/30 liquid now I’m guessing this guy is advanced user as he seem like he knew his stuff

I have also got on the way another vape for convenience witch is the Argus G pod kit witch is obviously design for nic salts

So kinda what I’m getting at is why was this YouTuber told not to vape 50/50 in that style of vape any reason should I stick to 70/30 for that vape and would I lose the flavour in doing so ?

and I already know my Argus would be okay for the salts I may however lower my nic from 20 to 10 because as he also pointed out the power difference from a disposable to a pod system is a lot more obviously

I know this post is a little long and thank you to anybody who has stayed with me and willing to help me I just wanted to figure out why he said what he said cause as far as I was aware I was fine using the 50/50 in both vapes provided I use the right coils ?

Hello I’m new member here and I have a quick question if some advance users don’t mind jumping in to give me some advice

I’ve moved over from disposable vapes to a mod/pod system and I’m watching some reviews about salts and on the comment of one of them a user told the person in the video he shouldn’t be vaping his liquid with the system he was using witch was kinda like mine I’ve got atm witch is a innokin z80 with a 1.6ohm coil an the salts I’m using atm are 20mg 50/50 at a max of 14wats

he was using a 0.3 coil at 30wats witch I wouldn’t do myself personally but the comment went on to say he wouldn’t advise using that type of kit for that style of vaping and he wouldn’t do anything less then 70/30 liquid now I’m guessing this guy is advanced user as he seem like he knew his stuff

I have also got on the way another vape for convenience witch is the Argus G pod kit witch is obviously design for nic salts

So kinda what I’m getting at is why was this YouTuber told not to vape 50/50 in that style of vape any reason should I stick to 70/30 for that vape and would I lose the flavour in doing so ?

and I already know my Argus would be okay for the salts I may however lower my nic from 20 to 10 because as he also pointed out the power difference from a disposable to a pod system is a lot more obviously

I know this post is a little long and thank you to anybody who has stayed with me and willing to help me I just wanted to figure out why he said what he said cause as far as I was aware I was fine using the 50/50 in both vapes provided I use the right coils ?

You can use 50/50 in any type of vape device, it is thinner than 70/30 so is more prone to leaking, paticularly with larger coils that are designed for direct to lung inhaling rather than mouth to lung inhaling (like a cigarette).

I imagine the comment he was making is that the 20mg juice isn't suitable for Direct To Lung Inhaling, as you use considerably more juice and so intake far more nicotine than using the same juice mouth to lung.

Most people who vape Direct To Lung will use 3-6mg e-liquid and below.
Mouth to Lung 10-20mg is more the normal nicotine content for someone that's recently switched from smoking.

Mouth to lung coils require less power (watts) and have higher ohms, usually above 0.7/0.8 ohms. They are usually smaller coils with less cotton exposed to absorb e-liquid so benefit from thinner liquids (50/50).
Direct to lung coils require more power and have lower ohms, usually below 0.4/0.5 ohms. They are often (not always) larger coils with more cotton exposed to e-liquid so can keep up well with thicker 70/30 liquid.

Hope that helps.

You can use 50/50 in any type of vape device, it is thinner than 70/30 so is more prone to leaking, paticularly with larger coils that are designed for direct to lung inhaling rather than mouth to lung inhaling (like a cigarette).

I imagine the comment he was making is that the 20mg juice isn't suitable for Direct To Lung Inhaling, as you use considerably more juice and so intake far more nicotine than using the same juice mouth to lung.

Most people who vape Direct To Lung will use 3-6mg e-liquid and below.
Mouth to Lung 10-20mg is more the normal nicotine content for someone that's recently switched from smoking.

Mouth to lung coils require less power (watts) and have higher ohms, usually above 0.7/0.8 ohms. They are usually smaller coils with less cotton exposed to absorb e-liquid so benefit from thinner liquids (50/50).
Direct to lung coils require more power and have lower ohms, usually below 0.4/0.5 ohms. They are often (not always) larger coils with more cotton exposed to e-liquid so can keep up well with thicker 70/30 liquid.

Hope that helps.

yes it helps thank you very much I mean that’s why I went for the 1.6 coils for my z80 because of the lower wats and the 50/50 more for taste as from what i seen on google a 50/50 is more likely to give more taste on my Argus pro pod kit I’ve actually gone for 1.2 just glad to be off them stupid disposable haha

Although the above is a sound piece of advice, there are no hard and fast rules, if the nic is higher you won't use as much so in the end it's all down to self experimentation to find your sweet spot, welcome to the forum.

Although the above is a sound piece of advice, there are no hard and fast rules, if the nic is higher you won't use as much so in the end it's all down to self experimentation to find your sweet spot, welcome to the forum.

Ah got you I’m on 20mg atm as that’s what my disposables was but I’m hoping when them salts have gone moving down to a 10mg salt and from there move down more but I guess anything as got to be better then the disposables at this point even for just cost I’m buying between 3 and 4 of them a week at £14 a pop my Argus G was only £19.99 and my Z80 was only £50 with battery now the cost for them is out the way it’s gonna be so much cheaper with my salts being 3 for £10
And I’m glad to be here hopefully will learn abit more about vaping and some handy tips

My wife came off disposables a couple of weeks ago, I got her an Elf bar 500 pod kit it has a 1.2 ohm coil and the Elf liq nic salts are 50/50 eliquid she uses 10 ml nic. So I would assume the Argus G with the 1.2 pod would cope with nic salts, the Argus G is a great kit had mine about a fortnight now really enjoy it although I don’t use nic salts but like @John R said no hard and fast rules if it suits your tastes all well and good. Welcome to the forum.

My wife came off disposables a couple of weeks ago, I got her an Elf bar 500 pod kit it has a 1.2 ohm coil and the Elf liq nic salts are 50/50 eliquid she uses 10 ml nic. So I would assume the Argus G with the 1.2 pod would cope with nic salts, the Argus G is a great kit had mine about a fortnight now really enjoy it although I don’t use nic salts but like @John R said no hard and fast rules if it suits your tastes all well and good. Welcome to the forum.

Well I’ve got my Argus set up now with a mr blue Nic salt by Elux and it’s just not a fair comparison between the salt and the disposable I think the salt taste loads better it’s got a nice warmer feeling when you take a hit it’s actually shock me how much better it taste so far so good with the Argus G loving it

thanks for your comment it’s much appreciated it

Can't really add any more advice than what's been given already, but hi and welcome.

Can't really add any more advice than what's been given already, but hi and welcome.

no problem i think I’m sorted now anyway I kinda knew I was doing things right and thank you seems a good place to be for any advice needed

Back
Top Bottom