What's new

1.2 Triton mini coil burning out after two days in big Nauti

AngieC

Initiate
Hi Apes,

Hope you're all well and someone can help me please, I'm only vaping 3 months and still searching for the right set up.

I'm trying the triton mini 1.2 coils in a big Nautilus tank on a Eleaf Pico starting at about 14 watts with Generals Juice (General Custard then Desserter) 70/30 vg.

I do a long slow draw about 6 or 7 seconds and the coils are just burning out on me after about 4 tank fills. What am I doing wrong please? Do I need a different resistance coil? I really like the nauti tank, rarely any spit back and not bad taste. 1.2 is the lowest I've gone so far. Help please!

Hi Angie
ive never used the triton coils in the nautilus so cant help much on that. i only ue the 1.6 and 1.8 with mainly 50/50 juice. saying that ive got heisenburg in at the moment which is 70/30 and it is clogging the coils up quicker but im not sure how they are compared to the triton coil.
i only draw for about 4 seconds.

the only thing i can think of is if your taking a 6-7 second long draw the the higher vg juice is strugling to wick the cotton quick enough so burning it out quicker. try a 4-5 second draw instead.

Hi Angie
ive never used the triton coils in the nautilus so cant help much on that. i only ue the 1.6 and 1.8 with mainly 50/50 juice. saying that ive got heisenburg in at the moment which is 70/30 and it is clogging the coils up quicker but im not sure how they are compared to the triton coil.
i only draw for about 4 seconds.

the only thing i can think of is if your taking a 6-7 second long draw the the higher vg juice is strugling to wick the cotton quick enough so burning it out quicker. try a 4-5 second draw instead.

Thanks MrDJ, I think you're right about the juice not wicking quick enough but I get a sore blocked nose with higher pg juice so I think I might need to lower the ohms to get a longer draw do you think? I'm going to get a new tank too, thinking about the top tank mini, seems to be reviewed with good feedback and can do MTL and DL. IVE also got a triton 2 tank but it guzzles juice. Any suggestions appreciated, thanks for the reply.

Yep your juice be to thick. It's struggling to wick and burning the coils out. Perhaps mrdj can suggest you a cracking 50/50 custard as he is the king of custard.

Yep your juice be to thick. It's struggling to wick and burning the coils out. Perhaps mrdj can suggest you a cracking 50/50 custard as he is the king of custard.

Thanks eyeball. Back to the drawing board then. Yes any suggestions greatly appreciated. I like the 70/30 juices...maybe need to change tanks/coils?

Thanks MrDJ, I think you're right about the juice not wicking quick enough but I get a sore blocked nose with higher pg juice so I think I might need to lower the ohms to get a longer draw do you think? I'm going to get a new tank too, thinking about the top tank mini, seems to be reviewed with good feedback and can do MTL and DL. IVE also got a triton 2 tank but it guzzles juice. Any suggestions appreciated, thanks for the reply.
your welcome.
i was going to say the triton 2 but you beat me too it. i only use manabush backy flavors in mine now and swap between the 1.8 and 0.5

ive got the original subtank mini V1 which has never leaked once in 20 months so if the newer top tank mini is of the same quality then that could well be your answer.
i use mine every day at work for my custard fix. 1.2 coil at 17watts but im using the original OCC coils which they fecked up when they brought the newer version out. im not sure if the top tank takes the older square coils and only fits the SSOCC stainless steel round coils.
can anyone confirm if the toptank is as good as the original.

your welcome.
i was going to say the triton 2 but you beat me too it. i only use manabush backy flavors in mine now and swap between the 1.8 and 0.5

ive got the original subtank mini V1 which has never leaked once in 20 months so if the newer top tank mini is of the same quality then that could well be your answer.
i use mine every day at work for my custard fix. 1.2 coil at 17watts but im using the original OCC coils which they fecked up when they brought the newer version out. im not sure if the top tank takes the older square coils and only fits the SSOCC stainless steel round coils.
can anyone confirm if the toptank is as good as the original.

I think I read somewhere that the top tank takes the old square ones and the new ones but I could be dreaming as I've read so many reviews in search of my perfect set up. I looked at the manabush site last night funny enough, I might try some when I get paid. Cheers again.

I think I read somewhere that the top tank takes the old square ones and the new ones but I could be dreaming as I've read so many reviews in search of my perfect set up. I looked at the manabush site last night funny enough, I might try some when I get paid. Cheers again.

Manabush is 50/50 though, so you may as well stick with the nautilus for that ...... btw the Nautilus coils are better than the mini triton ones imo.

Back
Top Bottom