What's new

99 wraps rda vs Asgard mini?

it makes for an unpleasant experience. How far apart do you have your coils? Maybe mine are too close together, or too Close to the deck?
Listen I'm sorry it took so long to notice your post.
I was just about to start rewick my Asgard. The coils are filthy, but show well how mine are placed.
These are a tad high. I'd advise placing the coils right on the deck, as you set the coil. Then ease them up a tad to avoid shorts.
1AC47C1D-DDEA-4ABA-9536-C49D0AAF3928.jpeg

Sorry every time I look at those coils I feel a bit embarrassed. Here they are after a quick clean.
ADC73C41-BD74-435A-97C2-4201B2EAF0F7.jpeg

Listen I'm sorry it took so long to notice your post.
I was just about to start rewick my Asgard. The coils are filthy, but show well how mine are placed.
These are a tad high. I'd advise placing the coils right on the deck, as you set the coil. Then ease them up a tad to avoid shorts.
View attachment 220568

:vom:

Sorry every time I look at those coils I feel a bit embarrassed. Here they are after a quick clean.
View attachment 220569

:goodjob::2thumbsup:

View attachment 220569

no problem, thanks for the reply. My coils on both Rdas were way too close together. I’ve just rebuilt the coilturd like yours and it’s made a huge difference. I’ll rebuild the asgard next, guess there’s more room than I thought on that

no problem, thanks for the reply. My coils on both Rdas were way too close together. I’ve just rebuilt the coilturd like yours and it’s made a huge difference. I’ll rebuild the asgard next, guess there’s more room than I thought on that
Yeah. If you are fitting new coils. Try removing the ultem inset, from the top cap, and putting in place, on the deck, to check clearance.

Lol, I can't remember what length I used. The coils have been in for well over six months. Though I have cleaned them before today, honest. No really! I have.:rofl:.

I've rewicked the coilturd (copying your build basically) and its working perfectly, really enjoying it now. I'll try the asgard next, thanks for the help mate

I can also vouch for the Rye RDA. Also using 2.5mm coils. The flavour and airflow are the best I’ve experienced. I haven’t tried the Asgard mini so can’t offer a comparison but I’d higher recommend the Rye

I can also vouch for the Rye RDA. Also using 2.5mm coils. The flavour and airflow are the best I’ve experienced. I haven’t tried the Asgard mini so can’t offer a comparison but I’d higher recommend the Rye

Is the 2.5mm a strict rule? Would a 3mm fused Clapton fit in there or is it really that tight?

Back
Top Bottom