What's new

A coil question-serial dual coils.

My brain is hurting trying to work out what you mean.
To me two coils with or without a cut in the wire are more or less the same.
The preasure is fixed (on a mech at least by the battery voltage)
Regulated devices I do not use so have no idea.
I am sorry, it is very confusing to myself what I am trying to portray.

We know that one single length of wire, without a cut will have higher resistance due to wire length, while a piece of wire, the same length, but cut, results in around half the resistance.

I should add-my original question is answered though-this is just an after thought.

Here is an image of the build I am talking about. https://www.fasttech.com/forums/1594300/t/1171824/serial-dual-coil-build/1

I did mean to add-I understand we are talking tiny particles, that take the path of least resistance-answering WHY the splice is noticed, but I was confused when you stated that the single, longer piece of wire will be the path they choose as that will have a higher resistance than dual coils with a splice, as we know that is halved?

I am glad I have the answer from you though on HOW the splice is noticed. Thank you for that.
In a 3 post sleeper build ie 2 coils made from one piece of wire that is secured on a single positive and 2 negatives the resistance will be slightly lower than 2 separate coils in the same 3 post atty because of the above. If you build 2 coils out of a single piece of wire and connect one end to a positive and the other to a negative like in a velocity deck resistance will increase because there is more wire to travel through. Does that make any sense? :)

The cut is, in this case, irrelevant, its the fact that the ctr pin sits between them so the coils sit in parallel, I've drawn it out below, but I warn you, years of CAD have rendered my sketches appalling!

Attachments

• 1454270347380.jpg
    1454270347380.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 35
In a 3 post sleeper build ie 2 coils made from one piece of wire that is secured on a single positive and 2 negatives the resistance will be slightly lower than 2 separate coils in the same 3 post atty because of the above. If you build 2 coils out of a single piece of wire and connect one end to a positive and the other to a negative like in a velocity deck resistance will increase because there is more wire to travel through. Does that make any sense? :)

That is perfect. I completely understand now.

The build I saw was on a RDA with two posts-one positive, one negative, and I understand that on a 3 post atty, due to the central positive pin and connection at two negatives, it causes the effect.

I finally understand serial dual coils.

This thread was a bit hard-partly due to me not being able to talk the way I used to, and having to use very long ways of explaining things to get my point across.

Thank you so much. All is understood now. :)

The cut is, in this case, irrelevant, its the fact that the ctr pin sits between them so the coils sit in parallel, I've drawn it out below, but I warn you, years of CAD have rendered my sketches appalling!
OK, I finally got it thanks to yours and @drlnhs explanations.

It was a bit confusing, but I am glad we all got there in the end. :)

Back
Top Bottom