What's new

A tribute to Rip trippers .

Throughout my time in vaping I have always considered the Youtube reviewers to be the weak link ... vaping as a disruptive tech was for the longest time completely unregulated and has missed a reliable, independent and professional body to look after consumer interests. In the vacuum that existed (and to some extent still exists) between vape suppliers and consumers, the Youtube reviewers stepped in.

Rip seemed to understand two things better than most; 1. he was in the entertainment industry and 2. it was an opportunity to make money. Whilst vapers might have projected their own needs for independent advice and impartial information on him, Rip kept his focus on being entertaining and making money. Like him or loath him, he was better at it than the vast majority.

Was he a sellout? Only if you made the mistake of thinking he was a reliable, independent and professional reviewer.

Most vape reviewers are soooo fucking boring IMO. It's only because they're discussing something I'm really interested in that I can bear to sit through 20 or 30 mintues of them jabbering on.

RT may be annoying, but i find his enthusiasm quite refreshing in comparison, even if it's all for show. I don't begrudge him earning a living out of it, he's just putting himself out there and people watch him voluntarily.

The bottom is definitely falling out of the review scene. Lots of reviewers moving rapidly into non vape ‘content’ of whom RIP is simply the most blatant. Demonetisation, the rise of the pod and the effect of the pandemic on Chinese production etc

My first thought was he was deceased. So it’s a tribute because he quit vaping?

I Have to agree with Jai Haze, i don't think he gets paid for his video's and he has often mentioned going out and buying a mod as well as telling you that he has been sent something for review. I wasn't a big fan of RIP Trippers infact after 10 minutes of watching him i am switching to someone else i prefer. I don't really watch reviews unless they include a build section and obviously it's something i have bought or in the process of buying. I like Mike Vapes but even he is starting to bore me except for his build tutorial, he can't of been paid by Hellvape as he kind of slated the Dead Rabbit V2, i haven't actually tried it yet but don't think it can be as bad as he says. If i want honesty about an item i would much rather watch Jai Haze but we shouldn't let anyones opinion cloud our own.

I'm in the camp of having never liked the guy.

To be fair I no longer trust any YouTube reviewers, I've personally bought a lot of vape stuff based on their reviews in the last 6 years or so and 99% didn't live up to the hype and quite a few turned out to be utter shite, in my opinion.

From now on I'm going to stick to written reviews, preferably on here.

Nearly all reviewers have massive egos, but they are fragile, that's why there is always some vape drama or another going on between them....praise them and they love it, disagree with them and they can't handle it or understand why.....if you put yourself out there with your views and opinions as a reviewer expect some shit, vapers tend to know there stuff, some reviewers forget that they are vapers and go all weak at the knees for subs n likes....fk off:D

Back
Top Bottom