What's new

Age verification

This is not the fault of the sellers. I trade on eBay (as well as my own website and Amazon) and have been threatened that if I don't use this sort of verification, I will no longer be able to sell in the ecig and vaping categories. In fact, they probably are going to revoke my rights to sell, as I held out for as long as possible. It is not the sellers who are to blame - we are actually charged for each pointless verification and as you have to be 18 to have an eBay account, a PayPal account and a credit card, can see no point in it. Please don't blame individual sellers, blame eBay!
I do no now that it is ebay that have done this and not the sellers as you cant buy anything with out age verification that is related to vaping.

I do no now that it is ebay that have done this and not the sellers as you cant buy anything with out age verification that is related to vaping.
It's really annoying. But unfortunately, small time shops like me could not survive without eBay and Amazon, as it's just not possible to get enough sales via a website alone. This means they've got you by the balls and you have to do every stupid thing they say!

It's really annoying. But unfortunately, small time shops like me could not survive without eBay and Amazon, as it's just not possible to get enough sales via a website alone. This means they've got you by the balls and you have to do every stupid thing they say!
I understand where your coming from it is bad after all you are only trying to make a living it is all wrong.

I understand where your coming from it is bad after all you are only trying to make a living it is all wrong.
Just as an update, eBay have now pulled all my listings and banned me from listing in any of the vaping categories. This is because I didn't have the age verification software in place when they did a check a few weeks ago. So despite the fact that I do now have the AgeVerify system in operation, they have chosen to destroy my livelihood. Vaping products are the only thing I sell! I had 100% positive feedback out of 5000 transactions and only sold genuine branded products. I am trying to get more traction on Amazon and my own website, but I fear they may have completely destroyed my business, as I have bills to pay in a couple of weeks and my money is dwindling. Bastards.

Just as an update, eBay have now pulled all my listings and banned me from listing in any of the vaping categories. This is because I didn't have the age verification software in place when they did a check a few weeks ago. So despite the fact that I do now have the AgeVerify system in operation, they have chosen to destroy my livelihood. Vaping products are the only thing I sell! I had 100% positive feedback out of 5000 transactions and only sold genuine branded products. I am trying to get more traction on Amazon and my own website, but I fear they may have completely destroyed my business, as I have bills to pay in a couple of weeks and my money is dwindling. Bastards.
Thats really bad of them is there on chance they will let you back now that you have your age verification it seems they have done this to quite a few sellers on ebay as some i use to buy from are no longer selling on ebay.
Its really not fair what they are doing to sellers.

No. I tried reasoning with them and said I'd earned them thousands of pounds and made one tiny mistake, but they won't budge and say that I can't appeal. They just don't care. I may take legal action, as I told them that they would be destroying my main source of income.

No. I tried reasoning with them and said I'd earned them thousands of pounds and made one tiny mistake, but they won't budge and say that I can't appeal. They just don't care. I may take legal action, as I told them that they would be destroying my main source of income.
Sorry to hear that mate its all wrong everyone should get a second chance its all wrong.

Yeah I got hit with an age check buying some wire of all things.

Back
Top Bottom