What's new

Alternative to CE4

I've had a bit of a spending spree - I bought the Evod and 1.8ohm replacement heads. Then a saw a reference on another thread to Fasttech, so checked them out and got a great deal on a Kanger Protank, more 1.8ohm coils, a variable battery, passthrough and some accessories all for $37 and no delivery charges - amazing! I shall have fun testing that lot out (and I now have the kit to make better use of the higher resistance pink CE4s)

Last edited:
And thanks to all for the advice - Kanger is the way forward I hope

Just a quick update - the evod arrived today. It's fitted with a 2.5 ohm head, so I wasn't sure how this would fare with my standard ego battery, but filled it with juice and first impressions are really positive (I'm now worried I may have put all my eggs in one basket by ordering 10 1.8 ohm heads).

Loads of vapour from first draw, I'm very happy with the cooler vape. It is a little more airy than I'm used to - which would perhaps be more of an issue for me if it wasn't balanced by so much vapour. However, I know I could fill one of the air holes if I wanted (I have tested the effect by plugging one with my thumb, and it's possibly marginally better).

Flavour strength seems good

Is there a reason why 2.5ohm would be OK on an evod when it seems likely the higher resistance was causing me so many problems with the CE4?

Overall - really chuffed. The only negative is that it would be a nightmare trying to stealth-vape on a plane with this, so the pink things with an ego will still come out for my next long-haul flight!

Thanks so much for helping me make the decision to upgrade. Now just waiting for the even more exciting protank - and taking the plunge into recoiling/wicking (which will eliminate the dithering about which heads to order).

I was already an e-juice geek - I think I may have just embarked on the slippery slope of harware geekage - or geekery

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom