What's new

Another probably simple one

@learnincurve does it notify you when i do the @ thing? Is that why people use that? Its just i havnt got one from you. Cool, think ill order some bits on payday and get too it then. Thanks for that?

@learnincurve @danb so i only need to worry bout amp rating when its bigger mods with removable batteries, is that right?

Basically if the mod has an internal battery, you can assume it is safe to use up to its max wattage (i.e. the manufacturer should not build an unsafe battery into it). On a regulated variable wattage device, the amp draw depends only on the wattage you set (not the resistance of the coil like with mechanical mods).

If the batteries are removable, you (usually) have to buy them separately, so it's important to get the right ones.

There are hundreds of videos on coil building lurking on you tube, you should also look into Ohms law and how it affects coils - go have a look at the Steam engine website for Ohms law calculators and coil building calculators..
Mate gave me some bits iv give it a go what you think? Also what do i need to look out for?
uploadfromtaptalk1469820420800.jpg

That looks pretty good - although you're coils are a little close to the centre post, try to keep a couple of mm's away so you're sure you don't get shorts. and make sure your coils are level with the airholes and that you have the airholes directly in front of the coils when you put the top cap on...

Cool thanks for the advice. As far as vaping it, is there any sign of something going wrong? I managed to make .56 ohms i was going for .5 but for my first effort im happy i didnt break out aha.

That looks pretty good - although you're coils are a little close to the centre post, try to keep a couple of mm's away so you're sure you don't get shorts. and make sure your coils are level with the airholes and that you have the airholes directly in front of the coils when you put the top cap on...
What happens when it shorts?

You'll get various results depending on the mod, with a mech it could be dangerous the battery and switch would get very hot very quickly possibly leading to the battery venting. With a regulated mod (The kind with a screen of some type) then you may get an error message or in some cases (Usually DNA200 / 75's) the mod would try to compensate for it by limiting the voltage and you'd get a cold weak vape, another thing that could happen is that you just get one or two of the wraps shorting leading to one coil getting hotter quicker than the other and you'd get one side starting to blacken and burn the juice...

Back
Top Bottom