What's new

Are standard Coils dead now?

Enoch

Achiever
for years we have all had the kanthal coils, some are fancy, some are temp control but generally we all have had stock normal coils.

Are they dead now?

Case and point, the Uwell Crown 4. The normal coil with the rolex stainless steel coil was decent, performed well and ran the tank very warm. The mesh coil, not only eliminates the heating issue, improves the flavour and chain vaping it just never got dry.

Is there any point making normal coils anymore for stock tanks?

There are still plenty people who do not like to vape at the typical high(ish) wattages mesh most of the time needs, or don't want super big clouds.
Therefor I really do not think that normal stock coils with simple wire are going to disappear any time soon.

There are still plenty people who do not like to vape at the typical high(ish) wattages mesh most of the time needs, or don't want super big clouds.
Therefor I really do not think that normal stock coils with simple wire are going to disappear any time soon.
Perhaps not, but mesh does offer lower power vape as well as high.

The only ones I really know of are the Innokin Plexus 0.5 Ohm coils.
They are pretty much the new standard for higher wattages, but certainly not for low wattage or MTL, although they do exist.

True, seems prebuilt coils are going towards single/double/triple/quoad (i wonder how far it will go) mesh more and more.
I still use the standard ones on my Zenith though, but just opened a pack of the Plexus Z coils, which is also more of a mesh than a wire.

I still use both. Love my crios tank with standard coils. Also love the plex mesh coils. Some flavours in the mesh are amazing, but some are much better in the standard. Bit like with fishing. When Braid line came out it was "this is the end for mono" was heard everywhere as Braid and fused Braid was lauded in all fishing circles. But as people switched, in time they realised that as good as Braid is there are time's mono is better and that mono still has a place. Id hate to see standard coil options vanish and just have mesh only.

Could very well be the powers at be directing the vape market into a certain direction of huge clouds bigger higher coils etc...why?
Burn through more juice...
More juice = more money.
I remember when i started, used to take me a few week to go through 30ml, now...with all the huge fancy coils etc, takes a few minute. And the tpd did nothing but push the prices up of those 10ml bottles...
ILLUMINATUS!!
4D94F556-3C36-4CD1-9A5F-8647FC7DF694.jpeg

Last edited:
Nah. Just this year's next best thing. Pain in the backside for those who prefer tc.
I've been impressed with some of this years mesh coils but I've also had some excellent standard ones.
I'm sure next year will be coil less tanks and drippers.
It's good to have the choice as the mesh ones can be thirsty buggers and sometimes you just can't afford to go through that much juice.

Back
Top Bottom