What's new

Ares 2/II RTA Prototype

Certainly a more agreeable draw than their first iteration. Just need to get the thing lubed up to get the glass off and remove that awful branding on the bell cap.

I must admit after a couple of week with it, I am back to the Glaz Mini. I can't get on with the juice port on the Ares 2. Couple of other minor grumbles 'n all. It's a good tank, but I much prefer the Glaz.

Hmmm,

2nd time I've had this when removing my Ares 2 D24 from my mod!

Do you think it's just condensation build up?

There are no visible leaks from the air holes.

E8H5diI.jpg

Sometimes mine do that, sometimes they don't. Some tanks are more prone to it though. And good wicking seems to help. They don't visably leak from the airholes or anything, but when you take the tank off there is some residue underneath, almost like it's leaked from the bottom. Or a tiny bit has dripped from the side and worked it's way underneath.

It's not a deal breaker, but I find it fking annoying.

Job done, couple of grades of wet n dry and I think it looks a bit classier...

IMG_2087.jpg

Just a quick update. My honeymoon period with this RTA is over. For the past week it has been tasting burnt/harsh and I can’t work out why.

I have tried both 26 and 28 gauge kanthal with either 5 or 6 wraps and only after numerous builds and trial and error will I get a good build. It’s been getting worse now to the point of me giving up.

I think it’s either shorting somewhere or not making contact with the wire. When it works it works great.

Anyone have any ideas why this may be happening or has experienced the same thing?

Cheers

Hi @Andy467

Sorry to hear you're not enjoying the RTA. I'm not sure why you're having these problems.

What's the wire thickness, resulting ohms and wattage?

I used 26g KA1 with 7 wraps slightly spaced, 3.0mm ID and simple Muji cotton. Came out at exactly 1ohm and I'm vaping at 15W.
I have the CAFC fully open and the single hole air intake at click number 3.

A very quiet, tightish draw and the flavour and vapour are great with a 60VG liquid.

This is the video I used as a guide to get me started: (Wicking starts at 05:30)

Back
Top Bottom