What's new

Ares 2/II RTA Prototype

I just bought Ares 2 from lepetitvapoteur 29 Euro's, I get it from DPD this end which is a bonus:)

Can't wait from China at min, way too long.

Just a quick update after using the Ares 2 for a week or so, well there's nothing to update really, I think I have found the perfect tank and don't think I will need to buy a new tank again unless I lose it. If I did I would probably get a pandora as they seem to be highly regarded on here.

I would say that you do have to be careful when putting a new coil in as if you place it too high, it touches the cap causing it to short and reads it as a low ohm coil, thereby burning the coil. I'm not sure if this Vaperesso gen specific as it fires the coil three times when trying to read the resistance and by then its too late.

Just a quick update after using the Ares 2 for a week or so, well there's nothing to update really, I think I have found the perfect tank and don't think I will need to buy a new tank again unless I lose it. If I did I would probably get a pandora as they seem to be highly regarded on here.

I would say that you do have to be careful when putting a new coil in as if you place it too high, it touches the cap causing it to short and reads it as a low ohm coil, thereby burning the coil. I'm not sure if this Vaperesso gen specific as it fires the coil three times when trying to read the resistance and by then its too late.

Yep, really like the tank too. Am using it a lot at the moment and looks great on Kroma R.

Unless the Spica Pro or Tripod clone knocks me off my feet, my next purchase will be the Berserker v2 due to its shorter height & capacity.

If that doesn't hit the spot then I'll get a 24mm Ares 2 & be content with that one@home & the 22mm for out and about.

The flavour & throat hit might not quite get to MD tank levels, but the finer control over the airflow & the quieter draw makes up for it.

Ordering one later today. Someone on, I think it was The Shed, was grumbling about the clear O rings not lasting and ruining the flavour. New one on me. Anything to this?

Mine have been fine, so far anyway.

I've had the bottom o-ring stick to the glass once or twice when removing the deck.

And I did have a massive leak once because the o-ring wasn't sitting properly in the groove in the base.

When I screwed it back on I didn't get a 100% seal with the glass tank causing the juice to run out the gap, so it's worth checking this after a rebuild or airflow tweak.

What's the drill with wicking on this bunny? Fluffy or not fluffy? Tucked in deep or not? Etc....

I have my wick tails poking out the bottom of the holes by about 1-2mm & it's been working fine.

I'm not using cotton though, so you might want to wait on a reply from someone who does.

I have my wick tails poking out the bottom of the holes by about 1-2mm & it's been working fine.

I'm not using cotton though, so you might want to wait on a reply from someone who does.

Been doing it the same with cotton.

Back
Top Bottom