What's new

Best 19-20mm RTA?

I think people should do what they like in terms of over-hang, so long as no one get harmed by such.
I just found the aesthetic discussion interesting.

Yes, I agree. It became apparent quickly that there are very strong feelings against overhang though, which almost resembled intolerance.

Yes, I agree. It became apparent quickly that there are very strong feelings against overhang though, which almost resembled intolerance.
There is in vaping, mainly stemming from using tube mods. That's why so many used to come with 'beauty rings' to camouflage the .... erm ......... 'offensive' ........ differences. Many still do.

I have a Dvarw sat on top of the Elfin now and it functions perfectly well. The mod feels nice in the hand, the Dvarw matches the aesthetic, it gives a nice vape.. but the overhang and not just the overhang but the fact it sits proud of the mod by a enough to see under it just niggles at me. My other Dvarw sat on the old Coolfire IV is a good match, slight underhang and it doesn't sit proud of the device.

I have enjoyed this thread though, the mod has been worth it just for that

There is in vaping, mainly stemming from using tube mods. That's why so many used to come with 'beauty rings' to camouflage the .... erm ......... 'offensive' ........ differences. Many still do.

Exactly, so we need to get past this reactionary dinosaur of an idea, and see beyond the dogma and fear. It sounds like you are coming round. Have you an elfin? I know you have a dvarw... :P

I have a Dvarw sat on top of the Elfin now and it functions perfectly well. The mod feels nice in the hand, the Dvarw matches the aesthetic, it gives a nice vape.. but the overhang and not just the overhang but the fact it sits proud of the mod by a enough to see under it just niggles at me. My other Dvarw sat on the old Coolfire IV is a good match, slight underhang and it doesn't sit proud of the device.

Hmm now the overhang is one thing, but a gap is something else entirely... :D

I'm glad you're still with us @Flower Power, it has been a fun thread, educational too :D

As for overhang, as @Crewella said, I don't like it on mods, but I don't really care that much what others do if it works for them. I constantly take the piss out of my mate who adores her Smokified mod and vapes nothing but Heisenberg, it takes all sorts doesn't it :25:

Exactly, so we need to get past this reactionary dinosaur of an idea, and see beyond the dogma and fear. It sounds like you are coming round. Have you an elfin? I know you have a dvarw... :P
The future according to @zouzounaki ......... :P

cookpot.jpg

Honestly, I don't mind what set-up you use. I just don't want it in my house. Thank you very much!

Here it is with a Salt RTA on top. Not exactly flush but if it bothers me I can probably find a washer to sit in there.

salt rta1.jpg
salt2.jpg

First impressions of the Salt RTA are good. It is well built, a bit like the Savour or the Vapefly Galaxies RTA how the top cap\fill works and so don't think it will be leaky.

Popped one of the one ohm Nichrome 28 AWG coils in there and some Pineapple and Mango Ohm Brew Nic Salt juice and the flavour is coming through well.

The airflow on the Salt RTA has a very restricted option.. I actually found myself Mouth to Lunging on it, where even on my Nautilus Mini I direct lung the tighter draws.

Just a first impression, but I am happy :)

Back
Top Bottom