What's new

Recommendations

Simebaby

Postman
Evening all
I’ve decided to ditch the Hussar Gobby from rotation as it’s too much of a pain, so I’m after something to replace it.
Every RTA I’ve bought has been via feedback on here, so thought I’d open the floor and see if I can pick up something a bit different.
If I’d been 10 minutes quicker I would have snapped up @Astral ‘s Expromizer - CURSE YOU @rew

This is my list of keepers atm. Anything of any value at all is 100% a clone.
- EPhoenix Hurricane 1.4
- Dvarw MTL FL
- Neeko
- Steampipes Cabeo
- Squape A[rise]
- Exvape Expromizer 1.4

I’d have to say that a 2ml capacity is a dealbreaker for me. I’d say 3ml absolute minimum.

Tanks I’ve had and retired because I don’t enjoy them as much as the above:
Pandora v1
Cthulhu Artemis (2ml)
Cthulhu Hastur (orig - really liked this, but I had four and I couldn’t; get stable ohms out of any of them)
Bezerker v2
Reload
Vertex
Pioneer
Kayfun Lite (don’t get the fuss - though this, like nearly everything else, was a clone)
Taifun GTR (incontinent and faffy)
Taifun GT One (far too easy to strip the threads on the plastic tank - albeit on a clone)
Taifun GX (bit of an experiment this one - not really MTL)
Bishop (I use 70/30 and it couldn’t keep up)
Ripley (as the Bishop)
Ether (underwhelming)
Nevermore (when I first got this I was blown away, but when I went back to it I don’t know if I lost the knack of wicking it but I thought it was shite).

There’s probably others but I’ve forgotten them.

I don’t particularly know why but I like the gravity fed RTAs. They seem to give better flavour though that could well be my imagination.

Always happy to look at an exotic high-end tank provided a nice Chinese company has released a ‘tribute’.

What’s everyone loving that isn’t mentioned on there?

Ta

Si

is there a reason you need to use 70/30? i’m only aski mg g because there are a couple on your retired list that i think you might not have got the best out of with 70/30.

is there a reason you need to use 70/30? i’m only aski mg g because there are a couple on your retired list that i think you might not have got the best out of with 70/30.
I use shortfills because if I used 10ml bottles I think it would bankrupt me, and I just don’t see a huge amount of choice in say, 50/50 for shortfills. So I’ve adapted.
If there’s someone out there who does a fair range of heavier PG juice I’d certainly have a look - which tanks do you think I’ve been hindering with the heavier VG?

Well, MTL certainly aint 70/30 that's for sure, all those tanks work fine with 50/50, even 60/40 at a push.

Only one way to settle this…
6A28FFBF-A12C-4D86-9F73-BF1FBB512C15.jpeg

Evening all
I’ve decided to ditch the Hussar Gobby from rotation as it’s too much of a pain, so I’m after something to replace it.
Every RTA I’ve bought has been via feedback on here, so thought I’d open the floor and see if I can pick up something a bit different.
If I’d been 10 minutes quicker I would have snapped up @Astral ‘s Expromizer - CURSE YOU @rew

- EPhoenix Hurricane 1.4
- Dvarw MTL FL
- Neeko
- Steampipes Cabeo
- Squape A[rise]
- Exvape Expromizer 1.4

I’d have to say that a 2ml capacity is a dealbreaker for me. I’d say 3ml absolute minimum.

Pandora v1
Cthulhu Artemis (2ml)
Cthulhu Hastur (orig - really liked this, but I had four and I couldn’t; get stable ohms out of any of them)
Bezerker v2
Reload
Vertex
Pioneer
Kayfun Lite (don’t get the fuss - though this, like nearly everything else, was a clone)
Taifun GT One (far too easy to strip the threads on the plastic tank - albeit on a clone)
Ripley (as the Bishop)
Ether (underwhelming)
Nevermore (when I first got this I was blown away, but when I went back to it I don’t know if I lost the knack of wicking it but I thought it was shite).

I don’t particularly know why but I like the gravity fed RTAs. They seem to give better flavour though that could well be my imagination.

Always happy to look at an exotic high-end tank provided a nice Chinese company has released a ‘tribute’.

Ta

Si
I absolutely luv the steam crave classic I cant say whether its good on flavor, just in airflow, vapor, wicking and such

I'd recommend the True by Ehpro or a Dvarw 16, those are the only two tanks in my rotation now. Never got to try the full size Hastur but loved the mini until mine got badly dented and wouldn't screw back together anymore. The Bishop was great but I couldn't get used to the quick release/rda style top cap.

I think 70/30 liquid might be letting you down more than the tanks though mate, get yourself some PG Nic shots and it will thin those shortfills down closer to 60/40 which should perform better, 10mls are sadly for the most part extremely overpriced so I get why you want to avoid them. There are also a few companies out there that make 50/50 shortfills, they might not be as common but they are out there. :)

Last edited:
Evening all

- EPhoenix Hurricane 1.4
- Dvarw MTL FL
- Neeko
- Steampipes Cabeo
- Squape A[rise]
- Exvape Expromizer 1.4

Pandora v1
Cthulhu Artemis (2ml)
Bezerker v2
Reload
Vertex
Pioneer
Ripley (as the Bishop)
Ether (underwhelming)

Ta

Si

Darn it, I under-priced it! Lol.

I've just bought an Expromizer V4 and Auguse Era Pro.

I haven't wicked either of them up yet but in dry conditions both look like they're going to be excellent. I'm really looking forward to these and will keep you posted.

Back
Top Bottom