What's new

clouds from crap

robertgoldring

Achiever
Well thanks to a little help on here I've managed to knock up a baccy box mod. Looks crap but works. I'm running it with 10amp high drain xtar battery. And a rda, this is coiled using 28awg wrapped six times around 1mm screwdriver. Twin coil. I'm unsure of ohms as its too low to be read on the svd or mvp2. But its chucking a decent cloud on pure vg. Yes I know about the safety issues and wouldn't normally fire anything that I'm unsure of. But the mvp and svd both registered it just couldn't measure it. Now.
I wanna build the best "safe "coil I can. I can measure as low as .5 ohms I think so needs to be a little over this. I only have 28 + 32 awg. A few different things I can wrap around. But has to be safe with 10 amp battries. This setup atm stays cool excpt atty.

Thanks

You should be running at least 30 amp batteries below 0.8

Sent from my HTC One using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Just add an extra turn or two to your coil, 10 & 12 turn micro coils are the norm so 6 turns is pretty slim...

Just add an extra turn or two to your coil, 10 & 12 turn micro coils are the norm so 6 turns is pretty slim... But really you shouldnt fire a coil you dont know the exact resistance of...

Yeah I agree that an extra couple of wraps would help with safety but this would make the clouds smaller would it not. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying safety should be compromised in any way for the sake of a cloud. This is y I asked about the best safe coil. Would a micro coil style still be the best style or would something else work better?

For the cost of a couple of cells I would look to just getting some higher output cells.

However, this cannot be stressed enough.

You really shouldn't fire any build you have not tested, checked the current draw on and ascertained if your cells can cope with that build. You dont know if its shorting out, you don't know how far outside your cells specs you are.

Once you start going lower, you can quickly get to the point where a slightly loose centre pin is the difference between just about ok on an 18650 and a bit too low for a 26650, which is the situation I found myself in on Sunday.

Before you do anything else other than add a wrap or two to your build, get some method of testing your build and most importantly get some cells capable of handling at least 20amps and for preference 30amps.

Then look at the wiring and switch in your box mod and ensure they can handle at least 60amps, because they could fail and short out your cell.

Back
Top Bottom