What's new

Condensation on Windows advice

Not surprised you can't find one, they don't make them...

What you are supposed to have is a 1k ohm resistor.

102 = 1, 0, and two additional zeros...

this?

this.JPG

The wattage is also important.
0.25w dosnt seem like it is high enough

The wattage is also important.
0.25w dosnt seem like it is high enough

That's the figure that keeps popping up, in relation to the number 102. Don't know much about it, might have to junk the air purifier, fooked if I know.

It's hard to judge from a photo, but I'd hazard a guess that's a 2010 package that's blown (0.20"x0.10" size).

Those are typically 1/4 watt rated...

What caused the resistor to blow in the first place? Possibly just a crap resistor, possibly something downline pulling too much current.

A bunch of low power resistors for a fan speed selector usually means they're pretty much signal level, so they're used as part of a circuit to tell an IC what you want it to do.

If the resistor blowing is the only fault, then all the other fan speeds will still work.

Are you only missing one speed?

What caused the resistor to blow in the first place? Possibly just a crap resistor
No idea
If the resistor blowing is the only fault, then all the other fan speeds will still work.

Are you only missing one speed?

None of the three speeds work.

I'm giving up with it, I disconnected the motor from the board, it has a permanent live, from the power lead, the negative (voltage) is regulated via the board, I've disconnected it and tried running running the motor direct, it's dead as a dodo, looks like a bin job.

None of the three speeds work.

I'm giving up with it, I disconnected the motor from the board, it has a permanent live, from the power lead, the negative (voltage) is regulated via the board, I've disconnected it and tried running running the motor direct, it's dead as a dodo, looks like a bin job

Unfortunately I think I agree.

The fact none of the speeds work suggest that the resistor failure is a symptom and not a cause.

Back
Top Bottom