What's new

How To Cotton Wick on a GP Heron - No Filler

Nothing like a good build thread, for awhile now I have felt I needed nothing but the gennies I own (one more on the way a pucka to replace a clone) found an ATI type that suits me, been round the houses on the Heron and finally convinced myself awhile ago kna no need your happy yes I need to fiddle more on a build messing with rope and mesh which I like strangly but even if I didnt the build lasts an age and vapes amazingly well but....... put a build thread infront of a man that likes to fiddle with new stuff scanning down the post with oooohs and ahhhs and its now back on the bloody radar again dalm you @ZT ;)

:goodjob:

Last edited:
Did I see somewhere that you can rewick/rebuild these without emptying the tank?

Yeppers!

doesn't rely on pressure or vacuum .. so you can just invert it .. take the top off, put it to one side and rebuild

It its biggest advantage possibly

Yeppers!

doesn't rely on pressure or vacuum .. so you can just invert it .. take the top off, put it to one side and rebuild

It its biggest advantage possibly

Awesome. Think I'll be getting a few of these then.

cheers for this martyn...enjoying it as we speak...may have to get one or two more now ;)

Been using a Heron for a month or two, and thought yesterday it was time to have a bash at the fluffless method. Thanks ZT great tutorial.....I can report it works a treat. Stonking in fact. Been on it about 24hrs and no leaks, no dry hits, and no gurgling. I was a little nervous that it might leak as the top tube is held on with 'O' rings only, but all good so far.

One tip I've learnt....I tend to untighten the atty from the mod (I'm using it in hybrid mode with a Paps V3) whenever I change batteries or air setting. Sometimes I inadvertantly turn the top tube a little whilst doing this. Doing this, seems to pull the cotton topper round with it so that the wick gets kinked in the well. Just need to be a little careful not to twist the top tube when untightening so this doesn't happen.

All in all, a great success.

Ordered mine on vapourday (last Friday) and it arrived this morning (most impressive) and after much searching for pictures/threads I manager to figure out how to take the thing apart and then fit the 510 connector. First and early impressions are that this is a seriously good piece of kit. This tutorial made it very easy (Cheers ZT) to wick and it's working like a dream at the first attempt.

Gurgle leaky pile o crap

Not really, it's quite good actually

Sent from (who cares) using Planet of the Vapes

ZT you absolute chunt!

This really tempted me, so I bought a clone before investing properly. I feckin love it. Waaaay better than anything I've vaped before.

but but I'm a 14500 gal. I've got a frickin houseful of em
Chunt :P

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom