What's new

Curiosity of rebuilds

When buying wire for my Coil Building i usually buy 24 - 32 Gauge but do like 40 Gauge for wrapping. Other than that i sometimes just buy ready made wire if it's cheap enough, SS is the main wire i buy but would like to try Nickel.

Seen some on Ali lol. Can order and wait as I've got pre built to use till then. About £3 for 10 meters

Just round wire, maybe SS or nickel

28 is way too thin for the rebuildables you have bought recently, it is good for tiny coils for low Wattage MTL tanks but not much use for anything else unless you twist together several strands (if you look inside that wheel of 8 sets of coils you will see a section of 0.36 Quad core coils - they are made from 4 strands of 28 gauge twisted together which should give you an idea of how thin 28 gauge is). There are fused clapton coils made with 2, 3 and 4 28 gauge core wires and an outer wrap of much thinner wire, but this is pretty advanced coil building that requires advanced skills and power tools, so best left alone.

When you're new to making your own coils it is best to start with 24 gauge as others have recommended, after that maybe make twisted coils with a pair, or multiples of thinner 26 or 28 gauge together, none need any special tools - you can twist wire with a couple of sticks.

If you like fruit flavours I recommend starting with a spool of 24 gauge SS316L - a pair of 8 or 9 wrap 3mm internal diameter 24 gauge SS316L works really well - I wouldn't bother with 4 or 5 wrap type coils when using single strand round-wire, they are great for MTL but you need coils with plenty of cotton contact in DL rebuildables or you won't get enough vapour.

Last edited:
28 is way too thin for the rebuildables you have bought recently, it is good for tiny coils for low Wattage MTL tanks but not much use for anything else unless you twist together several strands (if you look inside that wheel of 8 sets of coils you will see a section of 0.36 Quad core coils - they are made from 4 strands of 28 gauge twisted together which should give you an idea of how thin 28 gauge is). There are fused clapton coils made with 2, 3 and 4 28 gauge core wires and an outer wrap of much thinner wire, but this is pretty advanced coil building that requires advanced skills and power tools, so best left alone.

When you're new to making your own coils it is best to start with 24 gauge as others have recommended, after that maybe make twisted coils with a pair, or multiples of thinner 26 or 28 gauge together, none need any special tools - you can twist wire with a couple of sticks.

If you like fruit flavours I recommend starting with a spool of 24 gauge SS316L - a pair of 8 or 9 wrap 3mm internal diameter 24 gauge SS316L works really well - I wouldn't bother with 4 or 5 wrap type coils when using single strand round-wire, they are great for MTL but you need coils with plenty of cotton contact in DL rebuildables or you won't get enough vapour.
Thank you, I'll order the 24. Be here April lol

If your serious about making coils try getting hold of a Daedalus, you can make Coils with alsorts of tools Drills and Drill Bits and Screwdrivers but i love the Daedalus for ease of use and can pretty much leave it set up on my desk. Quite a few Video's of how to use them as well. Saying that the Daedalus are not as common as they once were.

If your serious about making coils try getting hold of a Daedalus, you can make Coils with alsorts of tools Drills and Drill Bits and Screwdrivers but i love the Daedalus for ease of use and can pretty much leave it set up on my desk. Quite a few Video's of how to use them as well. Saying that the Daedalus are not as common as they once were.
Thanks but I
IMG_20220116_143942.jpg
've no drill and not wanting to be making fancy coils. I'm impatient lol, just picked some wire up for a fiver. I know dearer than online but no delivery cost.

I never meant to get into making Coils and it just seemed to progress along with my Vaping, only thing i am not a big fan of is making my own Liquid everything else Vape related i don't mind.

Just googled it. Yeah might get 1 in the future. This is addictive enough lol

Back
Top Bottom