What's new

custom duty on a pack of coils from China?!

Update from FT support - They are now offering to cover half the duty charge.

Still not good enough, after all the explaining and photos I provided and yet they are still dancing around the issue.

Shocking.

Yeah. For me, as @tobywonkanobi said up there, they either drop the $20 in favour of a lower figure or lose a load of UK custom.

Shocking.

Yeah. For me, as @tobywonkanobi said up there, they either drop the $20 in favour of a lower figure or lose a load of UK custom.

I'm the same. Won't be using them again until this issue's out of the way. Customs must have a hard on right now with the exchange rate the way it is.

recently ive not puchased things from FT, one reason there prices on some stuff, was looking at the drop solo & could get it cheaper here in the uk & know with all this shit going on i wont be using them till they pull there finger out.

Yup, the £3.03 I'd have taken the hit on, but the £8 handling fee on top is milking it.

Yup, the £3.03 I'd have taken the hit on, but the £8 handling fee on top is milking it.

I know. Taking the piss isn't it.

I went to my post office yesterday and still had a Northern Irish tenner left over from being away the other week. Cheeky cow asked if I had a Scottish tenner instead. Pointed out that it's legal tender and she sighed and took it. I'm used to this nonsense in London but not at home!

I know. Taking the piss isn't it.

I went to my post office yesterday and still had a Northern Irish tenner left over from being away the other week. Cheeky cow asked if I had a Scottish tenner instead. Pointed out that it's legal tender and she sighed and took it. I'm used to this nonsense in London but not at home!

Your lucky she accepted it as whenever I travel down south then some places won't even accept scottish notes and look at you funny.

A little bit off topic but I was having a chat with a friend who works in the tax office and she said there have been rumours, and they are just rumours nothing documented, that a lot of HMRC resource has been put into investigating areas that could fund any potential shortfall in revenue from loss of Eu money ahead of brexit, unfortunately for all of us they may be, due to the massive uptake in vaping, now realising that it is a, as yet, relatively untapped lucrative revenue stream. Will they leave it untapped for the health of the nation? I think the millions of ladies who regularly pay VAT on their monthly supplies will have the answer to that. Not being one for conspiracy theories but could the Uk's relaxed attitude to the tpd regulations be due to the fact that to over-enforce legislation on something that is in its infancy is a lot less financially beneficial than allowing it to grow and hammer it when it is firmly established, or perhaps the state does have the best interests of its citizens at heart and I am, perhaps, being a bit too much like Private Frazer...

I was fortunate to get the 2 x Cleito tanks I bought from GearBest without being charged. I opted for the registered post so a big relief that I didn't get hit.

Lesson learned.

update on overpriced goods -
"Luckily the shipping agency has returned the package to us.

We will declare this package correctly and resend it today, please wait for the shipment."

Back
Top Bottom