What's new

custom duty on a pack of coils from China?!

I just got carded .... £11.03 to pay, E-Packet is taking much longer at the moment (with the 3 recent orders I've made) so I think they are being checked more closely.

FT should just do the same, $20 has been close to the bone for a while

yeah, it's been above and below £15 all this year and was much worse last year and the tail end of 2016 and they weren't being looked at then ... which makes me think there's other things going on here.

It's a cash grab!!!

cash-grab.jpg

I just got carded .... £11.03 to pay, E-Packet is taking much longer at the moment (with the 3 recent orders I've made) so I think they are being checked more closely.

yeah, it's been above and below £15 all this year and was much worse last year and the tail end of 2016 and they weren't being looked at then ... which makes me think there's other things going on here.

I suspect they've just cottoned on to all the revenue they've been losing and are checking more often than before.

Last edited:

Yeah it'll be a revenue scoop of some sorts. I don't think they're targeting vape imports per say, but imports as a whole? Yeah sure. And the low £ to $ rate just makes it easier when FT are sending everything with a $20 stamp on it :banghead:

Edit. This 3F epacket took 7 days. I still think FT have a slightly different supply chain, but I am probably off on that. I know it's epacket, but I think they do it differently. I just can't fathom it out.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh BOLLOCKS. saw this thread floating about but didnt read it, However I have had my Parcel stuck at status leaving Beijing since the 15th, and no updates on track or RM since. I assume i will be charged in the coming days :( To be clear if I don't pay it what happens? (poor as fook :D )

Yeah it'll be a revenue scoop of some sorts. I don't think they're targeting vape imports per say, but imports as a whole? Yeah sure. And the low £ to $ rate just makes it easier when FT are sending everything with a $20 stamp on it :banghead:

yeah, they've been talking about the money lost from this for ages haven't they?

like most people I'm not unhappy about paying the VAT, it's the RM £8 fee that's a rip off and that's not going to the government is it?

Ahhhhhhhhhhh BOLLOCKS. saw this thread floating about but didnt read it, However I have had my Parcel stuck at status leaving Beijing since the 15th, and no updates on track or RM since. I assume i will be charged in the coming days :( To be clear if I don't pay it what happens? (poor as fook :D )

yeahh.... that sounds familier. sorry bud.

if you refuse to pay they'll return to sender.

yeah, they've been talking about the money lost from this for ages haven't they?

like most people I'm not unhappy about paying the VAT, it's the RM £8 fee that's a rip off and that's not going to the government is it?

Nah that's an RM admin fee. I think £8 is absurd. They should revise that sharpish and make it weight/size dependant maybe? But then RM are broke for the most part I think so that's probably a nice little earner for them.

yeahh.... that sounds familier. sorry bud.

if you refuse to pay they'll return to sender.

I knew something was awry, I opened a ticket with FT who probably knew the score but they convinced me it was probably on a slow plane and to give it time :D

Tempted to let that happen to be honest as its not something I need (is most the stuff we order :D) as long as I dont lose the item and the money completely for this :S

I don't completely blame our gov or us Brits, it's the EU using bully tactics hoping we don't Brexit. The UK will flourish again once the No Deal goes through. I know people will be affected but i doubt it will be as bad as some think.
The worst that can happen is a war between UK and EU and i don't think that will happen. We do not need bully boys ruling the UK so we are better without the EU. Remember the speech by Farage. He was right the EU are not laughing now, they have more to lose than us, their membership will cost more once we leave and they divide our premium between them and a no deal means we pay fuck all to leave. We lived without being in the EU back then we can do the same now. Time to worry is when or if things start going pear.. Until then it isn't worth getting worried imo:)
I thought you were switched on mate, obviously not.

Back
Top Bottom