What's new

custom duty on a pack of coils from China?!

Every post on this forum is visible on google. It only takes 1 post with someone mentioning buying from The far east and no charges this gets seen by someone working for HMRC and it is passed on and boosh everything is checked. I guess they are checking just the UK epacket stuff, so it might be worth waiting longer and choose another postage method, it might be they are just on the sponge for extra money, to help pay the Brexit bill

Every post on this forum is visible on google. It only takes 1 post with someone mentioning buying from The far east and no charges this gets seen by someone working for HMRC and it is passed on and boosh everything is checked. I guess they are checking just the UK epacket stuff, so it might be worth waiting longer and choose another postage method, it might be they are just on the sponge for extra money, to help pay the Brexit bill

They don't have the staff to check every epacket dude. Far from it.

However they will spot check a container or two when it leaves the plane and then concentrate on one carrier for a while if they notice anomalies. Hence there's FT parcels showing as being held but not a lot else. Just makes me think all this fast postage we've been enjoying from FT for the past 12 months is because they have some sort of exclusivity with their transport (think priority check in on a flight). That would go some way to explain why it's the FT parcels that are getting hammered.
But who knows. I could be talking in farts I guess, it's just in my tiny little mind that makes sense.:56:

I thought you were switched on mate, obviously not.

I just don't see how we are not better off, that's it. The EU makes ridiculous rules which are more hindrance than help, and none of those who make the rules know what they are doing TPD prooves it and we don't get to elect them either.
Plus it is The Germans who rule it. The idea was created to rule Europe because thats what they had been after since ww1. Proof is there Germany seem to do ok, no debts or at least less debt than UK and others

I just don't see how we are not better off, that's it. The EU makes ridiculous rules which are more hindrance than help, and none of those who make the rules know what they are doing TPD prooves it and we don't get to elect them either.
Plus it is The Germans who rule it. The idea was created to rule Europe because thats what they had been after since ww1. Proof is there Germany seem to do ok, no debts or at least less debt than UK and others
I'm really amazed you think like that mate. Your last post praising that right wing millionaire Farage really shocked me. The cunt is Trumps boot polisher.

They don't have the staff to check every epacket dude. Far from it.

However they will spot check a container or two when it leaves the plane and then concentrate on one carrier for a while if they notice anomalies. Hence there's FT parcels showing as being held but not a lot else. Just makes me think all this fast postage we've been enjoying from FT for the past 12 months is because they have some sort of exclusivity with their transport (think priority check in on a flight). That would go some way to explain why it's the FT parcels that are getting hammered.
But who knows. I could be talking in farts I guess, it's just in my tiny little mind that makes sense.:56:

That all makes sense, Which is why i say use another shipping method. I have had stuff just over $22 get through with no charges with China post. There are loads of posts about Fasttech epacket etc so it is easy for HMRC to find one via Google and then it leads to what is happening. I am glad there is nothing i actually fancy at the moment .:D

Every post on this forum is visible on google. It only takes 1 post with someone mentioning buying from The far east and no charges this gets seen by someone working for HMRC and it is passed on and boosh everything is checked.

yeah, you're right ... look what happened to Gearbest and the Eleaf thing, all because people wouldn't shut up going on about it. For some reason posting "No, you are wrong I've just got a pico sent to me by Gearbest" was more important.

I'm really amazed you think like that mate. Your last post praising that right wing millionaire Farage really shocked me. The cunt is Trumps boot polisher.

Not everyone sees things the same though and thats why my thoughts differ to yours:). Personally i dislike any form of governments etc. I think they make up shit to try and turn us into a robot nation, many go along with it and even attempt to get others to follow. So Trump, May, Farage, Angela Merkel, They are all the same, they all put rules in place to fuck peoples lives up, unless you are worth millions, then you can get away with murder, proofs there, they allow Big Tobacco to murder millions because they get a share of the money.
Fuck all politicians i have no time for any of them

yeah, you're right ... look what happened to Gearbest and the Eleaf thing, all because people wouldn't shut up going on about it. For some reason posting "No, you are wrong I've just got a pico sent to me by Gearbest" was more important.
Spot on Simon G. we need admin to set up a hidden section that doesn't go onto search engines. I guess it won't happen as it maybe difficult. I will have to look up the rules for competition wins and fees, i have a Voopoo Caliber to come which i won today :eek: and a vapresso Polar kit coming for review.

Not everyone sees things the same though and thats why my thoughts differ to yours:). Personally i dislike any form of governments etc. I think they make up shit to try and turn us into a robot nation, many go along with it and even attempt to get others to follow. So Trump, May, Farage, Angela Merkel, They are all the same, they all put rules in place to fuck peoples lives up, unless you are worth millions, then you can get away with murder, proofs there, they allow Big Tobacco to murder millions because they get a share of the money.
Fuck all politicians i have no time for any of them
The fact that working class folk vote Tory never ceases to amaze me. Talk about turkeys voting for xmas.
Any way, i'm saying no more on the thread. As long as folk understand that voting to leave the EU is behind the plummeting pound.

Back
Top Bottom