What's new

custom duty on a pack of coils from China?!

I for one would call that a result !
Just use the store credit against another small purchase like coils, cotton or wire and see what ' declared value' FT comes up with.

Yeah I told them to go ahead and provide me with a gift certificate for it. I already need a few things such as a new mod, a couple of pod mod devices and another rda tank. Ive held off ever since this situation came up. I shall use all the advice you guys have given, such as using epacket, putting order on hold and getting them to put in a lower value for customs.

Thank you to everyone for their great feedback and help, much appreciated fellow apes :)

Considering we are talking about US dollars here, I'm thinking this has more to do with Trumps strong growing economy and the strength of the $$ ... compared to the feeble growth in the UK and failing EU. ;)

Oh good, more Brexit arguments.

I can't get enough of seeing the same old, tired nonsense being regurgitated all the time. We ought to get rid of all the vaping bollocks that clogs this place up and just focus on this instead.

*nods at own brilliant idea*

Oh good, more Brexit arguments.

I can't get enough of seeing the same old, tired nonsense being regurgitated all the time. We ought to get rid of all the vaping bollocks that clogs this place up and just focus on this instead.

*nods at own brilliant idea*

I’ve got pie and chips for tea. First time in ages too. This made me happy.
WBU? [emoji2]

I’ve got pie and chips for tea. First time in ages too. This made me happy.
WBU? [emoji2]

Child #2: "Mum has asked me to ask you what you want for tea?"

*phones downstairs

Me: "I want Beef Wellington with added sushi."

Wife: "OK, you're making your own then..."

Me: "No, that's not what I said. I gave you a direct answer to a direct question."

Wife: "But we don't have that."

Amazingly, I then failed to guess what food lurks in the freezer with my next fourteen requests. What kind of fucking house doesn't keep a stock of kelp curry with added crab?

So it looks like I'm off to the chippy and fuck the rest of them.

Child #2: "Mum has asked me to ask you what you want for tea?"

*phones downstairs

Me: "I want Beef Wellington with added sushi."

Wife: "OK, you're making your own then..."

Me: "No, that's not what I said. I gave you a direct answer to a direct question."

Wife: "But we don't have that."

Amazingly, I then failed to guess what food lurks in the freezer with my next fourteen requests. What kind of fucking house doesn't keep a stock of kelp curry with added crab?

So it looks like I'm off to the chippy and fuck the rest of them.

Jesus Christ. I bet you’ve got uranium to get the clinkers off the pan huh? [emoji55]

Still no notification either way from RM yet - piss takers :D However i preemptively struck with Fasttech explaining the likely issue. ..... Sadly for me they must have come to the end of their teather with the issue now as they said pay Royal mail or let it come back to us - but will will be taking 7 dollars poastage from your refund :S

Not for the impatient or worrisome indeed :D

Had a package arrive this morning, 6 days, $12.20 marked as $12.20. Checked the tracking & there's a note it cleared customs yesterday, not sure if that's new or not, I don't usually check

Tracking for a package at the start of the month:

2018-07-04 09:38

The United Kingdom, the investment

2018-07-03 12:47
UK, arrival processing center, from China

2018-07-01 16:07
Beijing, leaving Beijing to London Heathrow Airport air hub

2018-06-30 03:00
BEIJING, China Postal Courier International Branch receiving Center has been received (name of the recipient: Receiving and forwarding Center, contact Tel

Tracking for today's package:

2018-07-25 20:48

Customs Clearance

2018-07-25 13:06
UK, REACH processing center

2018-07-23 13:33
Beijing, leaving Beijing to London Heathrow Airport air hub

2018-07-22 17:40
BEIJING, has left the Postal Courier International Branch receiving center, send to China Post Express Logistics Co., Ltd. Beijing Air Mail Processing Center

2018-07-22 01:31
BEIJING, China Postal Courier International Branch receiving Center has received (name:, contact Tel

Last edited:
Replacement order (they sent the wrong colour last time) was marked as having a $20 value!

This managed to get through the net but, really interestingly, it took less than a week from complaint to receipt.

IMG_4927.JPG

Back
Top Bottom