What's new

Dents on negative batteries, safe?

i think it’s important to be sure it’s not dented enough to touch the battery underneath. my one looks similar. it only works in a pico squeeze.

I see nothing worrysome on those batts.
As others already stated, lightning marks are just scractches because of putting in/out of the mod.

what about the big dents?
Dunno man, that dents are too little to cause any danger. Just my opinion.
But, yeah... for the small cost, replacing it is the best idea.

I would not like to have a potential termite bomb in the pocket :(

How about these, looks scary to me, the other pair that was used in the Titan mod. it's the battery door on the V1, it was bollox. I don't know if they've fixed it on the v1.5 just released, I refuse to buy it.

View attachment 228160

Mine was from use only.

I would not use those because the space under the top plate and the holes round the edges are to allow vent gasses to escape. I would be concerned that by pushing the plate in towards the vent hole and reducing the space for gasses to escape might be enough to turn a battery that would vent into a battery that would explode.

On a hybrid connection like on a mech where the 510 pin on the atty connects to the battery that would look super dangerous as the negative thread on the atty might connect to the outer part of the possitive plate by the time the pos pin was low enough to reach the dented plate.

With regards to the op. I have retired batteries for less.
How far above that dent is the positive electrode or the membrane that separates the pos from the neg inside the cell ? Could that dent cause a problem?
I have absolutely no idea so would not use it.

Mooch certainly tells us to regularly check cells. for damage and not to use damaged cells.
To me those cells look damaged, so should be retired.
If an expert wants to explain why the cells shown are safe and explain why then that is fine.
It is not responsible for us non experts to suggest they are safe.

Mooch certainly tells us to regularly check cells. for damage and not to use damaged cells.
To me those cells look damaged, so should be retired.

I read some Mooch stuff about dents and shit, it's too risky, I haven't use mine in many months, I will be binning them.

Back
Top Bottom