What's new

Depressed about vaping

dogtanian

Initiate
Would really appreciate any help. For years I've been stuck with what I'm happy with...a basic battery, a mini pro tank 3 with nature vape coils, and DIY juice from vampire vape.

Recently having a lot of issues... The newer flavours at vampire basically burn out my coil within the hour (as in clog up become horrible and need cleaned). Could be more sugar not sure.

I thought I had mixed some of the concentrates I used to use without issue and whilst not as bad as the newer...I still seem to be having to clean the coil out every day or so.

I've also been using nic salts in my DIY ejuice with usually a 70pg/30vg ratio.

Have just ordered some normal nicotine and going to make an old style mix of blackcurrant with a bit of menthol on a new nature vape coil (higher resistance) and see whether all the concentrates are just not compatible anymore or what.

I know this set up is really really old. You can still buy the protank and the batteries I buy are extremely cheap. With the DIY juice which I previously was very happy with it was cheap to run. I can vape quite a lot too but even if you chain vaped all day on my set up it would be hard to go through 10ml in the extreme.

If I make the simple juice up with a new coil and am still finding issue I think it's really about time I moved on to a newer device unfortunately.

The things I like about my current set up are number one cost... Very cheap to run. Secondly the battery lasts a long time (3200mAh) whilst being discrete enough I can keep up my sleeve if I want.

Wonder if there are any solutions out there that offer similar benefits? So used to vaping all the time but spending next to nothing. I would be happy to buy a couple of batteries and tanks if they could last a year or so and the coils not too expensive.... And crucially I wouldn't be vaping 30+ml a day just because I vape a lot.

I am MTL and don't care iota about clouds but realise anything these days is fog machine like (would prefer it wasn't if possible). Lung hit much more important.

Appreciate anyone who got through this rant and can offer any suggestions

Have you considered a rebuildable tank?
A spool of kanthal wire and a bag of muji cotton will keep you in coils for a couple of years for under £15

Have you considered a rebuildable tank?
A spool of kanthal wire and a bag of muji cotton will keep you in coils for a couple of years for under £15

Do you mean for my existing set up? Years back I bought the coils from someone on a forum that they diy'ed for half the price nature vape charge. Since I didn't go through many didn't look into it myself but definitely would be interested in doing now, and it's crossed my mind quite a lot recently.

Happy to learn etc if you are talking about a new set up too. I don't know how the rebuilding works as in you do individually each time or whether you could have a dozen premade.

Would really appreciate any help. For years I've been stuck with what I'm happy with...a basic battery, a mini pro tank 3 with nature vape coils, and DIY juice from vampire vape.

Recently having a lot of issues... The newer flavours at vampire basically burn out my coil within the hour (as in clog up become horrible and need cleaned). Could be more sugar not sure.

I thought I had mixed some of the concentrates I used to use without issue and whilst not as bad as the newer...I still seem to be having to clean the coil out every day or so.

I've also been using nic salts in my DIY ejuice with usually a 70pg/30vg ratio.

Have just ordered some normal nicotine and going to make an old style mix of blackcurrant with a bit of menthol on a new nature vape coil (higher resistance) and see whether all the concentrates are just not compatible anymore or what.

I know this set up is really really old. You can still buy the protank and the batteries I buy are extremely cheap. With the DIY juice which I previously was very happy with it was cheap to run. I can vape quite a lot too but even if you chain vaped all day on my set up it would be hard to go through 10ml in the extreme.

If I make the simple juice up with a new coil and am still finding issue I think it's really about time I moved on to a newer device unfortunately.

The things I like about my current set up are number one cost... Very cheap to run. Secondly the battery lasts a long time (3200mAh) whilst being discrete enough I can keep up my sleeve if I want.

Wonder if there are any solutions out there that offer similar benefits? So used to vaping all the time but spending next to nothing. I would be happy to buy a couple of batteries and tanks if they could last a year or so and the coils not too expensive.... And crucially I wouldn't be vaping 30+ml a day just because I vape a lot.

I am MTL and don't care iota about clouds but realise anything these days is fog machine like (would prefer it wasn't if possible). Lung hit much more important.

Appreciate anyone who got through this rant and can offer any suggestions
Doesn't actually sound like you have much of a problem to solve... in a good way.

You just need to find a new tank.

I vape in a very similar way to you. Currently use a nautilus x MTL around 10w and probably spend £5 a month if that on coils, diy juice from vampire vape concentrate, stocked nic Etc.

Vaping is weird though. You think you've found the perfect setup and then something starts going wrong and often it's hard to pinpoint.

For MTL the top rated tank on here always seems to be the innokin one, why not give that a go? Forget the mod/battery, they all do the same thing as long as you have variable wattage, but also there's loads of good cheap stuff out there if you need a new one :)

If you want a small, cheap tank that gives bags of flavour and the coils last then have a look at the Vaporesso GTX18.

Nothing can compares with what you have now.

Something that minimalistic... its impossible, maybe in high-end.

However, a good combo for MTL in 1x18650 and a good MTL atomizer is possible. Have a look at the Innokin Kroma R + Zenith Pro tank. Thank me later :D

Doesn't actually sound like you have much of a problem to solve... in a good way.

You just need to find a new tank.

I vape in a very similar way to you. Currently use a nautilus x MTL around 10w and probably spend £5 a month if that on coils, diy juice from vampire vape concentrate, stocked nic Etc.

Vaping is weird though. You think you've found the perfect setup and then something starts going wrong and often it's hard to pinpoint.

For MTL the top rated tank on here always seems to be the innokin one, why not give that a go? Forget the mod/battery, they all do the same thing as long as you have variable wattage, but also there's loads of good cheap stuff out there if you need a new one :)

Awesome, that really sounds a less dire situation than I was thinking. Agree totally about tendancy to find something really good and then for whatever reason it suddenly changes. Would add it tends to pour when it rains. Honestly was thinking this was a sign that I should just quit, that's how bad it was. I have a load of flavored snuss that I rarely use but last week or so I've been using more.

Anyway, yeah thanks for the suggestions I definitely will investigate and try maybe nautilus or the innokin. Really don't know anything about batteries at all other than they often appear to be really cheap on sale (guess old models or something). Really like the flavours of vampire and their service and price so would love to not give up on them (think catapult was one I tried a while back tasted gorgeous until the 10 th and coil started having issues.

The rebuilding etc sounds fine...I guess to chain vape and go through a bit less I could just use higher resistance or lower watts (very little-none experience with anything variable)

Thanks for all the suggestions above. Going to take the info away and make a decision. Definitely like the idea of rebuilding if possible or at least the option of in future.

Onto changing my nature vape coil again for the second time almost in 24 hrs

I was getting the 150 ml kit from drip hacks for a bit and making it up at 50/50 and used that in a Smok Nord 2. I'm not usually a Smok fan but that's a decent little pod and the regular 1.4 coils weren't too bad. Never got much more than 2 weeks out of one but was okay with that.

Back
Top Bottom