What's new

Do you ever fancy a fag?

Every so often, yes. It's more likely to happen when I find myself in certain situations. I can go for whole weeks without even thinking about cigarettes and then, I'll be chilling in the garden and bang! The thought just pops into my mind. I don't get a craving, just a reminder that it was something I used to do.

Sometime I do think. Mmmm a nice Cuban cigar, the aromatic smoke curling around its fat elongated form, the sharp tinge of tobacco on the tip of the tongue, the nuances and depth of the flavours unmatchable by vape means .. Yes.sometines but it passes
Now. Here's the thing. I do very occasionally allow myself a really good cigar. And by occasionally, I mean two since 2011.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. It quickly passes. Next week I am going to drop down from 3mg to 1.5mg so I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. It is just this morning I really wanted a fag. However, the packet of Amber Leaf that has been in the back of my desk draw for 14 months, remains unopened.

We can both say with hand on heart......... NEVER! I guess everything had just aligned for us 6 years ago when we both started vaping. Never looked back.
Part of our success undoubtedly lies with the Maestros who create some astonishing liquids that have MORE than made up for any wistful thoughts about Tobacco in its combustible form. We owe a huge debt to these fine people. :worship::worship:

Not really, but I do go to work without my vape. I easily go 9 hours without thinking about it. However sometimes I will finish work early and have some time to fill in before picking Ms Hippydude up from her work. Within 20min of finishing work I am desperately wanting my nicotine.
Wandering about town, seeing smokers, I badly want a fag and would have one without hesitation, if I bumped into a friend who smoked, at one of these times.

It is not so much the fag I want. It is definitely the nicotine. I would rather have my vape, but a fag would do.
I have had 1 fag in the past year. A couple of years ago I got rained off work early and decided to spend the afternoon in the pub, so dropped the car off for the Ms with a note to pick me up at the end of the day. No way could I spend an afternoon in a pub without my nicotine. I bought baccy, smoked 6 or so then gave the rest away. Had a vape been cheaper than baccy, I would have bought that. A vape just delivers nicotine in a more pleasurable way.

I could ensure against having a fag ever again by not going out without my vape, but for me it is no big deal if I have a fag on a rare occasion. If I enjoyed these odd fags, I might be worried about ending up back as a smoker but for me they are just an easily obtainable emergency nicotine delivery system and they are really crap compared to any vaping device.

Probably in my first year or so vaping, I would get random, time for a fag thoughts and have to remind myself that I was now a vaper. That was just long established brain pasterns that take time to be overwritten by the vape habit patterns. They just got less frequent with time and I can not remember the last time I had the time for a fag thought.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. It quickly passes. Next week I am going to drop down from 3mg to 1.5mg so I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. It is just this morning I really wanted a fag. However, the packet of Amber Leaf that has been in the back of my desk draw for 14 months, remains unopened.

nah, defo not the only one. :)

Like @CarbonBoy it's not a craving and it's never when I'm around smokers, it's usually just at very random times when I'm at home ... sometimes when I see someone smoking in a film.

Sometime I do think. Mmmm a nice Cuban cigar, the aromatic smoke curling around its fat elongated form, the sharp tinge of tobacco on the tip of the tongue, the nuances and depth of the flavours unmatchable by vape means .. Yes.sometines but it passes

You almost made that sound quite erotic. I don’t even like cigars, but for a brief moment there...

Sometimes I see in front of my eyes a freshly rolled cigarette just where it would be had I just licked & rolled it.
At no time do I fancy actually smoking though, and that's about it.

I still get invites to various cigar tasting evenings on swanky london hotel rooftop terraces. That shakes my resolution.

Actually true story. My dad almost got into a fight in new york for uttering the title of this thread.

Back
Top Bottom