What's new

Doggystyle coiling

I use pbussardo's technique (can't find a good video for that right now) for decks without holes. Basically you leave the coil on the rod, put and hold it in place. Then you take the leg of the coil (you want it to be long enough!), wrap it tight around the screw and - here's the key - back on and around the rod! Then it basically holds itself in place while you screw it down. Easy peasy.
I hadn't come across that technique actually. Thanks - I will try.

I gave it one more try and seem to have succeeded ! (I can hear the waves of applause rippling around the world). I'm not entirely sure what I did right this time - I think it was something to do with concentrating more on pulling the wire more taut with my right hand.

I still think this style of holding the wires in place is not great - if the heads of the screws were wider I think it would make the job much easier.

But anyway I got it done thanks to the encouragement of many people here. This is the 3rd time I've asked for help with an atty and each time I've had lots of suggestions which helped me to sort the problem out. So thanks again to everyone who took the time to help me.

I gave it one more try and seem to have succeeded ! (I can hear the waves of applause rippling around the world). I'm not entirely sure what I did right this time - I think it was something to do with concentrating more on pulling the wire more taut with my right hand.

I still think this style of holding the wires in place is not great - if the heads of the screws were wider I think it would make the job much easier.

But anyway I got it done thanks to the encouragement of many people here. This is the 3rd time I've asked for help with an atty and each time I've had lots of suggestions which helped me to sort the problem out. So thanks again to everyone who took the time to help me.
Glad you got there. :)

....... and :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping: ;)

Congrats, love it when that happens. Theres so much help on here thats invaluable.

LOL ! .....and I think it was worth persevering with (as several people suggested). The flavour is excellent I have to say.
They're darned good tanks. I keep trying to move on as I don't really like plastic tanks ......... but they keep creeping back into use as they're so reliable. :)

....and I only paid £8 for mine. I mean that's probably less than a packet of rolling tobacco. (I'm guessing - it's years since I bought any).

I use pbussardo's technique (can't find a good video for that right now) for decks without holes. Basically you leave the coil on the rod, put and hold it in place. Then you take the leg of the coil (you want it to be long enough!), wrap it tight around the screw and - here's the key - back on and around the rod! Then it basically holds itself in place while you screw it down. Easy peasy.

That's the method I've always used, works perfectly on the doggystyle with 28g. Afterwards, twirl the ends of the wire till they snap instead of cutting them, and the screws still manage to hold it throughout that.

Back
Top Bottom