What's new

End of lockdown

So will bandq be shutting their homeware and garden sections ? I think not .
There is no way at work we can social distance , for starters you have 2 or 3 fitters in a van and some of the windows we fit take 7 or 8 blokes to lift. Building site toilets are a hazrd at the best of times and very rarely have running water.
It just seems so pointless for us all to have followed the rules for a month to throw it all away before we are in a position to say we are on top of it.
The place next to me (Industrial pipe fitters) have been working throughout this lockdown as well. 2 or 3 in a van is normal for them. It's down to the company bosses at the end of the day.

B&Q had all but paint mixing/kitchen sales/timber cutting open. Staff were on hand to keep people moving throughout the store & yes garden section & hardware were open. Customer numbers were low due to queuing aka supermarket style & busy sections were marshalled by staff to prevent bottle necking. Actually felt more comfortable there than some of the supermarkets I've had to visit.
My local b&q are doing click and collect only. No customers inside as far as I know.

I see it possible working like the supermarkets don't you. Limited number inside, queuing outside, one out- one in.
That's how the one I went to was operating. No different to supermarkets but less crowded & full shelves.

I've continued to go to work throughout the past few weeks but to be fair my employers have put a lot of time and money into implementing social distancing practices whilst still being able to carry on as a business.
Wouldn't have minded a couple of weeks off though.

i would love to go back to work .. even tho it's a sweaty kitchen .. when you do 10-12 hr days and then stop there is really nothing for you to do my heads fucked can't even go fishing ..

I think the public have decided upon themselves to ease the lock down...... in the last few days I have noticed the roads are much busier, grand children being reintroduced , I have even seen a learner driver..

I think the public have decided upon themselves to ease the lock down...... in the last few days I have noticed the roads are much busier, grand children being reintroduced , I have even seen a learner driver..
Looks that way to me too, many more cars on the road round here.

Yup, but I saw a learner driver being pulled over by the police in my town this morning. [emoji38]

Back
Top Bottom