What's new

extortionate postage takes the piss

And to keep it on topic:

FP%2B1.jpg

I don't think it's bullying but I can sort of see where people are coming from. I found this to be an interesting topic about postage charges, although I agree the OP went a bit overboard in his wording. Couldn't the OP be told by moderators to change his wording? You've got the power to do that right? I think when someone replies to this thread and then gets replies like "why can't this thread stay derailed?". Don't you think that's a little bit rude to the person who hasn't posted a disrespectful post but is just adding their 'on topic' thoughts to the thread.

What if some of us want to actually have this discussion, obviously bar the insults. I'm left unsure whether to start my own thread about this subject or is it totally not allowed? Will I just get hassle if I even mention this subject again.

Other forums may be a lot worse and have bullying, but so what. It's not about being better than the worst. It's about being as good as you can be. From my time here so far I happen to think you're all better than that.

Lemon.

I don't think it's bullying but I can sort of see where people are coming from. I found this to be an interesting topic about postage charges, although I agree the OP went a bit overboard in his wording. Couldn't the OP be told by moderators to change his wording? You've got the power to do that right? I think when someone replies to this thread and then gets replies like "why can't this thread stay derailed?". Don't you think that's a little bit rude to the person who hasn't posted a disrespectful post but is just adding their 'on topic' thoughts to the thread.

What if some of us want to actually have this discussion, obviously bar the insults. I'm left unsure whether to start my own thread about this subject or is it totally not allowed? Will I just get hassle if I even mention this subject again.

Other forums may be a lot worse and have bullying, but so what. It's not about being better than the worst. It's about being as good as you can be. From my time here so far I happen to think you're all better than that.

Lemon.

I imagine it's very difficult for the mods to get right.
Technically, the OP was in direct contravention of the rules, so the thread should have been deleted. But, I guess as it turned into a mockery, there was no need to and people have still had a chance to say their piece.
Also, the overwhelming majority have shown their support for the vendor who was being criticised which must go someway to undoing the damage of the negative OP.
I'm not really sure postage charges would really make a discussion, vendors tackle them in different ways. At the end of the day there is a cost associated with time, materials and shipping with postage, that cost is transferred to the buyer one way or another whether its hidden in the cost of an item with "free" postage, or laid out, warts and all.
Nothing to stop you starting a serious discussion though, just be aware of the POTV rules regarding negative feedback. Maybe even link to them if you start a thread so that people won't slip up and get it deleted? :)

Bisquits, I demand More Bisqwuits. In fact I'm gonna have to have words with my mate Vinnie!!

Lemon.

because this is POTV ... derailment is an excellent method of deflecting conflict. Thats how the cookie crumbles here
Merino-Teflon is a master of it ... get a telling off from him, you wont know what the fuck has just hit you ... or what he's talking about

Back
Top Bottom