What's new

FastTech's "The Immortalizer" clone

Mawsley

Putting the soup into super hero
This is a personal review of a product FastTech supply and call 'The Immortalizer'. It is a clone, a direct rip-off, it's not the real thing and I'm not reviewing the real thing. At no point do I want to give you the impression that it is the genuine article as made by Chiefvapors Pat. It's not. If this offends you then look away now, reading on will only really piss you off and life is simply too short for that kind of thing. I've no intention of addressing the moral issues in buying a clone in this review but I'm happy to debate it in the thread, just so you know I'm aware of it.

I'm not saying that life is too short to get angry about stuff, just that a little lump of metal and ceramic is probably not the thing that should piss you off today. Go look at what the government are planning on doing to free speech or how we sold Syria chemical weapons materials - that's worth getting really pissed off about.

I bought through Paypal and have owned it for the best part of three hours. The opinions expressed here represent my own and not those of this website, planetofthevapes.co.uk

Introduction

Kurt cobain quotes.jpg

"Come as you are, as you were, as I want you to be" little Immoclone. "Take your time. Hurry up. The choice is yours, don't be late" FastTech delivery service flying via Singapore. "Come, dowsed in mud, soaked in bleach" it's amazing what is coated on these things when they arrive.

As if you didn't get it by now, welcome to my dripping Nirvana.

immo1.jpg

There hasn't been a long drawn out process of getting to know the little dripper, it arrived this morning. I haven't even vaped that much on it but sometimes you really don't need to. When I met this girl back at Kettering Tech in the 80s there was something about her, something which set her apart from every other girl I'd either been out or fooled around with. We shared little by way of common interests, we had totally different ideas on almost every subject under the sun and she seemed to find me more than a bit of a pain in the arse. But she was amazing. She had everything I was looking for in a wife even though marriage was never crossing my mind until one drunken night when I was dared by my brother to propose. On the rank, sticky carpet floor of a dive of a Northampton pub populated by whores, drug dealers, one-legged tramps and off-duty coppers I got down on one knee.

I've taken the Immoclone apart three times, I've put it back together three times. I've looked at it on the desk, on a mod and in pieces. It's beautiful. It's simplicity personified and yet integrating an originality that belies its function. Sure, it isn't FastTech's originality - but then if you're reading this far down the page you already know this. FastTech sell products made by people who steal ideas and designs, you will have your opinions about this as I have mine. For some reason, despite just being another girl, no one seemed to be as besotted with Sue as I was. Yes, there was talk of a lanky streak of piss from Wellingborough Young Farmers taking her out for a burger but no one, no one, looked at her the way I did. No one appreciates her the way I do.

immo2.jpg

If you pop along to the search engine of your choice you may find that images of the Immortalizer by Chiefvapors Pat looks identical. This is because it does in every detail, I can't spot a difference. I have two Igo-Ls & an Igo-W and wondered if a dripper could ever be worth paying more than a tenner for, they convinced me I was wrong. But would a dripper be worth £75? From the outside the Immoclone looks, like the original, nothing special. But things come into your field of view where you see beneath the exterior, you see a stunning beauty within and that, ladies and gentlemen, is the true meaning of life - the appreciation of things for what they really are.

And this is a clone; a grubby, scummy little clone. A clone of something that, at this moment in time, is not sold by one single vendor in the UK according to the Google search I just did. It's just this clone sitting on my art desk in front of me, two dogs and a coffee slowly going cold. I should hate it, I should despise myself for buying it.

But I've used it. I know how it performs.

On April 17th, 1982, we went to a house party and stayed over. It was my birthday two days prior, I had been seeing Sue for three months and we'd done nothing but kiss and hold hands and talk. Life throws you moments in time, it gives you opportunities to experience something so fundamentally different that you know things will change from that point on. The morning after we'd consummated our relationship I understood I never wanted to be apart from that girl for the rest of my born days.

I opened up the bottle of banana custard I'd got steeping in the wardrobe in the knowledge that it'd be better if I gave it another week, but if I was going to vape on this thing out of the packet then it'd be my favourite juice combination or nothing. What attracted me to trying this dripper was that it is designed for use with ribbon and not wire. Also, it has a similar system of air delivery like the Kayfun Lite in that it comes up from under the coil, directing air straight onto the juice as it is vapourised.

I didn't plan on proposing, my life was good enough. We had a joint mortgage, jobs and a great social life. We'd just returned from seeing Nirvana at Reading - that was the kind of thing I thought was important. But propose I did and I've not imagined a life without her since.

The taste belting my tongue was unlike anything I've experienced, even the Kayfun. The plumes weren't worthy of making a Youtube video to impress friends and annoy politicians but then that really isn't my thing. And anyway, I've not done a thing to this RDA aside from wetting the wick. But I'm sold. Pound for pleasure, this is the single best device I have spent money on since vaping and aside from considering buying the real thing whenever it eventually goes on sale here I can't see me using another dripper again. Well, apart from those times you just fancy a different flavour briefly.

I'd not have been married all this time unless there was something real between us. Ripping off a design is no good if what you are doing is just producing something for visual effect.

It works. It works better than it has any right to and it has made me a very happy man.

"Oh well, whatever, nevermind"

Vendor -
FastTech
Price Paid -
$17.39(≈£11)

Mod -
K100 with a fresh 18350
Ohm -
0.9Ω

Juice Name -
Mawsley's Chimp Jism
Juice Strength (MG) -
8mg
PG/VG -
50/50

Would I buy another Immo? -
Yes

Note(s)
UK E-cig Store list the genuine article as being available for pre-order on this page

Hmmm. Don't think I'll be getting one of these, I just don't like the looks. Great review though.

That was the single most beautiful review I've ever read. Your wife must be a pretty special lady-and you got to see nirvana at reading!!! I'm gutted, I really wanted to go that year. I never did get the chance to see them live :(

fair play @Mawsley .you can write about anything and i will read it from start to end ,you got skills with words that i`ve never possessed

edit :- comparing the original to the clone ..there seems to be a missing o-ring from the clone .right about where the bottom of the aluminium heat shield sits ..

Last edited:
Now I am regretting passing it up!! need to wait til Oct now!

And that is what I call *review*

Thanks for writing that. It made for an entertaining read.

i`ve heard someone saying that any wire can be used.. but it was designed for ribbon

I have discovered differences.

As the FT wick fell out of the coil I thought to myself "Aha, why not take this outstanding opportunity to pop on a new coil". I mean, why bother simply threading a new wick through the coil when you can f*&% the whole thing up?

Fuuuuuuuuuuuu...

I can't get a consistent resistance reading at all. Consequently I can't get it to fire for longer than random short bursts. It's screaming out that there's a contact problem somewhere but I am tired and pissed off and cba to look anymore.

The posts themselves are different to the genuine article, they have lateral slots instead of vertical ones. Plus the positive connection under the ceramic looks well dodgy. The unit heats up big time when it does fire - I reckon there an expansion going on resulting in a break in contact.

Well that's tomorrow planned.

...and thank you for reading and your comments and shit.

Back
Top Bottom