What's new

Geekvape Athena Mech Squonk Kit £9.99 at Washington Vapes

You'd probably want a coil of at least 1.2ohm or you'll be over 15w on a fresh battery. My usual SS MTL coils I make are nowhere near that, that's partly why I don't bother with them any more.

So 10 wraps of 29awg SS 2.5 ID
Looks like i would have to go back to thinner wire.

A bit off topic, what are Mechs like for MTL vaping ?

It depends if you don't care about the watts gradually reducing as the battery runs down (i.e. a 1 ohm build will give approx 16 watts at 4.2 volts - reducing to about 12 Watts when the battery is below 3.5 Volts)

Mechs are rather agricultural - if you need a specific wattage for your ideal vape they are best avoided. If you don't worry too much about reducing power levels and just want something simple and reliable they may be for you - but you must build to a narrow ohm range to give the vape you want or you really won't like it.

If in doubt, don't bother.

Bargain of the year I reckon.

A bit off topic, what are Mechs like for MTL vaping ?

My all time favourite mech, I went through a phase of just using them for MTL with RTA's on them

A couple of cracking MTL RDA's which work well on them are:
Vapefly Holic RDA or the Galaxies MTL RDTA
Wotofo STNG RDA

Athena_MTL.jpg

Wotofo_STNG_MTL_RDA-1.jpg

Bargain of the year I reckon.

My all time favourite mech, I went through a phase of just using them for MTL with RTA's on them

A couple of cracking MTL RDA's which work well on them are:
Vapefly Holic RDA or the Galaxies MTL RDTA
Wotofo STNG RDA

View attachment 252538

View attachment 252539
Was going to say I thought you'd bought the world's stock of these.
It is one of the best mech squonkers China ever produced. Even I had to buy one.after passing my review model on. Rates the dripper too.
I liked mtl with the excellent eleaf pico squeeze and a 1.2 ohm coil in the strike rta. But it did have the safety chip which was peace of mind.

Last edited:
I hope there's some left on friday. I have an usused spare, but could use another Blue...maybe a GM too! ;)

Been using these mods for about 8 years! :)

I had one of these and found that I had issues with the firing contact on it which manifested themselves pretty quickly and it became hit or miss whether it would ever fire when I pressed the button. The included RDA isn't half bad for a top airflow one, although as noted being a dual coil it's probably not the right match for single 18650 mech.

Back
Top Bottom