How has the UK government managed Covid 19

• Good

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • As well as expected

Votes: 24 47.1%
  • Terrible

Votes: 23 45.1%

• Total voters
Most political issues are merely facades over the conflict between those with too much money and those with too little.
And herein is the issue with the uk.
Labour is more conservative than when first formed and so far removed it could be said whats the point of each?

In all honesty we just need a leader and someone bright enough to light the way.
Modern politics is the reason the UK is on its arse.

Seems to me that the political frame of reference has been shifted - what used to be centre ground is now percieved as far left.

The power of the media is massive. Nearly everybody knows this, but the implications are not widely discussed or appreciated.

Seems to me that the political frame of reference has been shifted - what used to be centre ground is now percieved as far left.

The power of the media is massive. Nearly everybody knows this, but the implications are not widely discussed or appreciated.

And the investment in bot farms to cloud communication on social media with abuse and conflict.

They refer to this as the overton window.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overton_window

Corbyn pushed back the left boundary massively. Let’s see what happens with starmer. It could go either way, i think.

@StrawberryRipple as for your idea of just having a leader, i fear that would be even worse than america. Labour at this point aren’t hugely more conservative than they were at the start of you take account of social and economic changes over that time. And the thatcher era changed everything. Eleven years ago I would have agreed with the point but not just now.

They refer to this as the overton window.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overton_window

Corbyn pushed back the left boundary massively. Let’s see what happens with starmer. It could go either way, i think.

@StrawberryRipple as for your idea of just having a leader, i fear that would be even worse than america. Labour at this point aren’t hugely more conservative than they were at the start of you take account of social and economic changes over that time. And the thatcher era changed everything. Eleven years ago I would have agreed with the point but not just now.
Which way are we swaying my friend?

Which way are we swaying my friend?

That’s the interesting point. corbyn’s era massively pushed leftward while the tories have been incrementally moving to the right. We aren’t moving in a single direction, rather the boundaries are widening.

We will see what happens with labour now, but starmer has said he’ll be going along with a lot of corbyn’s agenda. we will need to see how that goes. i’m a bit sceptical.

Last edited:
In fact i think things are going this way. Centrists are a thing of the past. the lib dems are finished. blairism will be the death of labour if it appears again. once again we have parties in actual opposition. this, i feel, is a healthy thing.

Not really, what about the batteries ?
They have a finite life (just like our vape batteries) of a few years, so you buy an electric car, and a few years later you have to pay upwards of five grand for a new one, delightful.
Plus the batteries contain so much toxic material they currently cant be recycled, wonderfull news for the planet.
Plus the infrastructure we have at present could not handle charging them, so new cables need to be buried in the streets, more power stations, if you live on an estate with no layout for every resident to have a charging point (such as mine) that would need demolishing, and a new one built, more pollution.
But the green people don't tell you all the shit do they. :18:

I never meant it as a final solution
Just the first step away from the Diesel churners
Maybe Hydrogen powered ?

Back
Top Bottom