Votes: 4 7.8%
  • As well as expected

Votes: 24 47.1%
  • Terrible

Votes: 23 45.1%

• Total voters
I’ve voted terrible

there are some good bits that the government have done

but acting two slow, herd immunity, lack of ppe, buzz words, 2nd highest death toll, we have past peak....in hospitals, 100k a day tests well nearly no wait 200k tests, lockdown will be in forced except when it’s not etc

I think the government have done as good as they could with the limited information in the beginnings of it all.
It’s very easy for us to sling mud but what’s the point it won’t help the situation.
Best thing to do is look after yourself help your fellow man if possible and stop worrying about things you have absolutely no control over and focus on the positives.

No, it’s crazy talk. This is about a struggle between conflicting interests that has been going on for centuries and longer.

Yes.
It has been going on since the rise of agriculture that lead to the dawn of "civilisation" so about 5000 years more or less.

Power has lain with those that controlled the economic resources since then. (Marx got that spot on)
Our system lets the turkeys vote for christmas and they do, time after time.
What @ZT means by compromise is, I think, compromise between proponents of different versions of the status quo, all versions of which are taking us down pretty much the same road.

I could come up with a much better political/economic system that would be fairer and save the planet from ecological disaster, but sadly nobody would vote for it. the turkeys just love christmas too much.

Folk love to blame the politicians, the elite, the media, the super rich, the 1%. I blame them too, but I also blame everybody else as well, and that includes me.

What a depressing, sad outlook on life. No wonder folk stick their heads in the sand and pretend it is all someone else's fault.

Yes.
It has been going on since the rise of agriculture that lead to the dawn of "civilisation" so about 5000 years more or less.

Power has lain with those that controlled the economic resources since then. (Marx got that spot on)
What @ZT means by compromise is, I think, compromise between proponents of different versions of the status quo, all versions of which are taking us down pretty much the same road.

I could come up with a much better political/economic system that would be fairer and save the planet from ecological disaster, but sadly nobody would vote for it. the turkeys just love christmas too much.

Folk love to blame the politicians, the elite, the media, the super rich, the 1%. I blame them too, but I also blame everybody else as well, and that includes me.

What a depressing, sad outlook on life. No wonder folk stick their heads in the sand and pretend it is all someone else's fault.

I agree - the ideal would be to find a new way altogether, that will never happen while all the sides are just telling the other they are wrong tho. Which is what is going to happen and will continue to happen - because people have lost the ability to listen and empathise - preferring instead to shout over the top of and no-platform.

So without the ability to talk seriously about compromise and a new way of working things will just stay as is.

People more to the right will continue to see people to the left as hippies and people to the left will continue to see people more to the right as racists and bigots

ironically both behaviours are bigotry

Now i can't see the pole.
atc_thumb_4a7af8b998ffacbf94d5251749bba4a186a947bd.jpeg

Yes.

I think we see the world in a similar way. Maybe our responses are different. Society is set up in a way that is exploitative. Like you say, those who accumulated power hoarded surplus goods and started a family so they could leave their wealth to their descendants, and here we find ourselves now.

But you can see over history a constant struggle between the two factions. For the last hundred and a bit years - here - this has been in the form of trade unions, industrial action, pushing the status quo into making concessions. They supported a labour government not because they thought labour would change the system, but because labour, by virtue of their ideology, would be more likely to capitulate. This came to an end with the thatcher era. Now globalised capitalism has become a totality. A kind of absolute power. We are pretty much fucked.

But i don’t see any useful compromise between the two sides in this long standing struggle. The powerful have power, and don’t need to compromise. The only compromise is blair, or the coalition, and is useless.

I agree - the ideal would be to find a new way altogether, that will never happen while all the sides are just telling the other they are wrong tho. Which is what is going to happen and will continue to happen - because people have lost the ability to listen and empathise - preferring instead to shout over the top of and no-platform.

So without the ability to talk seriously about compromise and a new way of working things will just stay as is.

People more to the right will continue to see people to the left as hippies and people to the left will continue to see people more to the right as racists and bigots

ironically both behaviours are bigotry

The problem is that the two positions are irreconcilable, in my opinion at least. What we end up with is blair, or the coalition, as I mentioned above.

Back
Top Bottom