What's new

How often to change wick?

scott061289

Postman
How often do people change their wick? I'm new to dripping so I'm unsure how often the average dripper changes the wick?

I changed my cotton this morning, around 14 hours ago, and already its fairly dark. I know it's because I'm using a sweet juice, but should I change it soon or just wait until the taste demonises?

Dependent on the sweetness of the juice, you could also do with changing it when it looks like you're vaping on a dead slug.

Dependent on the sweetness of the juice, you could also do with changing it when it looks like you're vaping on a dead slug.

Thanks for the advice. It's just a very dark brown at the moment, using a strawberry jam juice, so not quite a dead slug yet.

I don't mind changing it regularly because it's much cheaper than naff coils for a tank but just thought I'd make sure.

Thanks again mate.

Sometimes I have to change my wick daily as the coil has become black and gunked up (The wick is fine). I have started spacing my coils though and this seems to make a difference.

Sometimes I have to change my wick daily as the coil has become black and gunked up (The wick is fine). I have started spacing my coils though and this seems to make a difference.

My coil is black and gunky looking as well. Was fine when I was using a less sweet juice but this juice just gunks up the cotton and coil.

Dry burn the coil with some gentle pulses to glow it, allow to cool, then I brush mine with an old toothbrush :D

Dry burn the coil with some gentle pulses to glow it, allow to cool, then I brush mine with an old toothbrush :D

I'll give that a whirl when I get my new juice and change the cotton.

Must say I'm enjoying this building malarkey...used to be scared lol

Unless you've branded yourself at least once, you aint doing it right ;)

Back
Top Bottom