What's new

India

India probably has more maths graduates than the rest of the world combined ... but I wouldn't trust their counting of Covid deaths .... whatever they're reporting you could easily add a nought to the end of it.

They're fucked and it's nowhere near the peak yet ... and then comes Pakistan, Nepal and Bangladesh ... fucking gruesome.
Unfortunately, I think you're probably right. I can easily see their numbers being vastly under reported at the moment.

Excuse me if I'm being ignorant but how's it over a year on from the start of the pandemic that it's really starting to affect India? Did they have a travel ban or really good social distancing or something in the Covid early days?
They thought they had it under control and relaxed far too much. Now here they are. India and a few other countries were always going to be ticking timb bombs. Countries where you really don't want covid out of control because they simply can't cope.

I was reading earlier, just after my post, there have been unrecorded covid deaths because of their lack of available testing

They thought they had it under control and relaxed far too much. Now here they are.

A year ago, when we saw the scenes in Italy, I thought "if this hit India...."

Just over a month ago they had fans at the cricket, religious festivals, it's insane how quickly it's gotten a grip

A year ago, when we saw the scenes in Italy, I thought "if this hit India...."

Just over a month ago they had fans at the cricket, religious festivals, it's insane how quickly it's gotten a grip

It really is insane. And like us with our second wave, they've got the more transmissible variants and new Indian variants to cope with. If they can't cope already with people dying outside hospitals with no beds and no oxygen then the next few months are going to be unimaginably grim.

It really is insane. And like us with our second wave, they've got the more transmissible variants and new Indian variants to cope with. If they can't cope already with people dying outside hospitals with no beds and no oxygen then the next few months are going to be unimaginably grim.

Absolutely, this is just going to be the start of it, unfortunately

Have to admit, it really irks me when I put the news on and watch a British news reader who's been flown all the way to India with everything that's going on just to report what's going on right outside the overrun hospital. Is it just me who thinks that it's frickin retarded? Are there really no local news readers available, so we need to send ours in to the middle of a shit storm? I mean, c'mon, seriously?

Russian separatists have just stormed the building but don't worry, Kate is right there to report it for you!

Ebola has just broken out in Angola but don't worry, Kate is right there in the infected victims tent to report it for you.

Al Qaeda are just about to release a dirty bomb but, oh look, there's Kate!

This plane has just been hijacked and they're going to crash it in to the Eiffel Tower but don't worry, we've smuggled Kate on board for you!

India has nearly half a million covid cases daily but don't worry, we've flown Kate right there to report on it for you!

Last edited:
Have to admit, it really irks me when I put the news on and watch a British news reader who's been flown all the way to India with everything that's going on just to report what's going on right outside the overrun hospital. Is it just me who thinks that it's frickin retarded? Are there really no local news readers available, so we need to send ours in to the middle of a shit storm? I mean, c'mon, seriously?

Russian separatists have just stormed the building but don't worry, Kate is right there to report it for you!

Ebola has just broken out in Angola but don't worry, Kate is right there in the infected victims tent to report it for you.

Al Qaeda are just about to release a dirty bomb but, oh look, there's Kate!

This plane has just been hijacked and they're going to crash it in to the Eiffel Tower but don't worry, we've smuggled Kate on board for you!

India has nearly half a million covid cases daily but don't worry, we've flown Kate right there to report on it for you!
On the flip side, why would you trust a report from someone who's never been there? Or from someone provided by the country being reported on?

"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and her name that sat on him was Kate, and Hell followed with him."

always there kate sends me nuts

india make 80 million covid jabs a month I read, the suffering there is just gut-wrenching

I spoke to a friend a couple of days ago who had just returned from a trip to India. Thankfully he is clear, but he told me that the situation is dire over there. Apart from all the things we know about, overrun health service, oxygen and vaccine supply problems, he told me that a huge bunch of people over there just don't seem to give a shit. Wandering around with no masks, spitting and sneezing at will. No wonder covid is getting a stranglehold on them.

Back
Top Bottom