What's new

Ive lost my allen key!!!! Help!!!

Purplefowler

Administrator
Staff member
Just went to recoil and wick my era and like the silly arse I am, Ive gone and lost the tiny little allen key-doh! Does anyone know what size it is so I can go and order a load more? I cant believe its gone cos Im actually very careful with my vaping gear and keep all the rebuildable tools in one place. It must have got caught on something without me noticing.

No idea, but presumably it's metric. You can get a set from Wilko for about £2.

Ill go and have a look tomorrow :) Its the tiniest tool Ive ever seen (and Ive seen some pretty tiny tools in my time :D), so Ill definitely pick up several. Why does all this vaping stuff have to be so small! When I first started making my own coils I was having real trouble with a length of wire Id cut, everytime I tried to wrap it, it would just spring straight and it was only after several attempts that I took a closer look and realized Id picked up a dog hair instead of the wire that was still on the kitchen worktop. Maybe its time to start wearing my glasses again, lol!

I was using my 3rd hand the thing you use for soldering small stuff and decided to rewick the genni the other day and picked up the paper clip thinking it was the wire look ok in the magnifying glass :)
You could swap the allen head screws for philips heads if you found the right size

Well I found out it was a .89 Allen key which has been a nightmare as nobody seems to sell them in the uk but I managed to find some .9 so I'm praying they fit as I've bought 5 of them from http://www.transtools.co.uk/store They seem to have a great selection of tools of all sizes so might be of some use to mod builders out there and the shipping is very cheap. 5 hex keys plus postage was just over £3.

If I had a brain, which I sometimes do, I'd have suggested going to Maplins and picking up one of their tiny folding sets - doh!

Back
Top Bottom