What's new

Kayfun V4 Clone Arrived - Gobsmacked

Now listen, I could be a bit previous here but I ordered these for my 2 Kayfuns...
https://www.fasttech.com/p/1536607

I replaced #16 and #18. No leaks here so far.

The thing to note is when you're tightening the base section together (when it's taken apart), if there's movement/play in the upper deck section then you're not getting a good seal from the o-ring. With these new ones they seem nice and snug and the silicone is soft enough to create a good seal with out making things too tight.

If you don't hear back from me on this consider it job done ;)
Care to send me a couple [emoji56]

Been using the one I brought off a fellow ape for a couple of days now and it's nice, I've one small niggle though. It leaks from the air holes after i close the juice control, any ideas why?

I had the same issue with my EHPRO clone before they sent me the replacement drip tip adaptor. Is the treading round yours chamfered or perfectly circular? If the later then that'll be the issue.

I had the same issue with my EHPRO clone before they sent me the replacement drip tip adaptor. Is the treading round yours chamfered or perfectly circular? If the later then that'll be the issue.
I've had a closer look and there is a fair bit of play on the moving juice control deck, must be that not having a good seal

Last edited:
Yeah, it was off Dr Manhattan. Any idea which seal I should be looking at? Everything else is good it just comes out the airholes when I close the juice, no other time [emoji20]

I only had leaking with this one when I was unsure on the way to turn the juice flow, and when i forgot to close it. Once i got into the habit of turning the airflow ring (and the entire tank above it) anti clockwise when putting it down it was fine.

I might add i only really used a 100VG liquid in it, when i used thinner liquids I turnt it upside down before closing otherwise i'd end up with a small amount of weeping through the airhole.

Also for the wick i was using a generous amount of cellucotton or muji as I find its more absorbent then normal cotton so seemed to soak up excess liquid and prevent leaks - with all atties that is, not just the KF4.

I hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

I only had leaking with this one when I was unsure on the way to turn the juice flow, and when i forgot to close it. Once i got into the habit of turning the airflow ring (and the entire tank above it) anti clockwise when putting it down it was fine.

I might add i only really used a 100VG liquid in it, when i used thinner liquids I turnt it upside down before closing otherwise i'd end up with a small amount of weeping through the airhole.

Also for the wick i was using a generous amount of cellucotton or muji as I find its more absorbent then normal cotton so seemed to soak up excess liquid and prevent leaks - with all atties that is, not just the KF4.

I hope this helps

Hope my post didnt come across badly, I asked if it was off you as I knew you had this exact issue and hoped you would know how to fix it.

That goose juice would have helped im sure, very gloopy, and tasty!!

I hope this helps

No worries, wasn't passing out any blame. It is just an oring issue, I've found a little bit of of play on the juice deck is all. It's a lovely device and it was/is only a little niggle. I wouldn't have realised how much play if it wasn't for the above posts.

Hope my post didnt come across badly, I asked if it was off you as I knew you had this exact issue and hoped you would know how to fix it.

That goose juice would have helped im sure, very gloopy, and tasty!!

Not at all mate I just felt guilty as after getting to grips with the KF4 clone that jugg1es has it never gave me an issue, and I certainly wouldn't sell anything knowing its problematic, not least without without stating so.

Goose juice was almost exclusively used in that kf4 so that may have helped, though it managed 50/50 juices fine with the methods above.

Hope you enjoy it bud, the 1st batch of liquid i made which is the one i sent you i think i used jus a tad too much flavour, will know for sure when i knock up batch 2

Back
Top Bottom