What's new

Manufacturers with only facebook customer support

Scott-the-Scot

Initiate
Do other people get annoyed when the only way to get customer service is via facebook. I bought a kangertech aerotank (a very bad decision) and it will not stop leaking. Even when only half full liquid leaks out from the bottom of the tank. This not from the air hole but from almost the opposite side of the tank. Tried to contact their customer support but could only find a facebook page. Surely a company the size of kangertech could afford a proper support site and give customers confidence in buying their products.

It does make thing difficult not being on Facebook. But I don't have it in me to sign up as it is dog shit!

The wife is constantly on it pointing out loads of cool stuff up for sale in various groups and the market place.

I just can't be doing with the hassle of sifting through people's photos of their tea, Christmas tree or kid stood in front of a door!

My stance is if they only deal via facecrap, particularly customer support, then I don't buy from they.

Homo Sapiens: The only species clever enough to build a robot and stupid enough to obey it.

If you've got a problem then your first point of contact is the supplier you bought from and not the manufacturer. Did you buy from a shop or online.

Sounds like a seal but I've not used this tank so no idea of the setup.
Is the coil screwed in fully.

If you've got a problem then your first point of contact is the supplier you bought from and not the manufacturer. Did you buy from a shop or online.

Sounds like a seal but I've not used this tank so no idea of the setup.
Is the coil screwed in fully.

I agree.

I don't think there's much point in trying to contact a Chinese manufacturer over a £20 tank, they aren't going to really care, I know that might suck but it's the reality. They are too busy dealing with dealer networks and distributors and the like. If you go to the kangertech site there is a phone number, email and address, and a contact form anyway.

If you think there's an fault with the product then you should return it to where you got it, otherwise that's what this forum is for. :)

As above. First stop is to explain the issue. Take a pic of the area it leaks from (I'd guess a seal that joins the tank to the base) and we can advise. If it's a dead un, take it back to the vendor.
Let is have a look for you.

just re read and sounds like it could be from the 510 pin as its not leaking out the air holes.

not sure on this tank but unscrew base and remove coil then gently push the pin from inside the base and then gently push it back up from the bottom (if it moves of course) and try again.

There's some vendors out there with FB, website, email and telephone support but unless they answer on any of these platforms are just a s shit. Some FB vendors are actually good at replying imo

Facebook only = avoid, for me, same applies to ebay. I get that you can get great service from there, but it's not an avenue i'd choose, personally.

How can anyone who uses facebook as their sole customer support platform expected to be taken seriously? The only way you'll see me doing the facebooks(insert old man chuckle) is if i'm being paid for it.

Back
Top Bottom