What's new

Mesh "U" Wick Help

Ghostface

Initiate
Hi all,

I have been having a lot of success with a mesh wick in the Nextiny and would like to try wicking other (non genesis) rdas with steel mesh. I guess it's not necessarily a "U" wick I'm after, more how to bend one into different shapes without any kinking. Maybe a slug type of thing too? I've seen some pictures of the finished article but can't find any guides or videos anywhere. I'm able cope with fiddly, manual stuff but just have no idea of the basics of this bending sorcery.

Does anyone have any basic instructions they can give me please? Or links to mesh bending videos/articles. I'm very much a "monkey see, monkey do" kind of person.

Ta

As far as a Slug Mesh Wick is concerned, cut you Mesh on a 45 degree angle. This gives far greater flexibility to the Slug and allows for bending without creasing and blocking the flow,

As far as a Slug Mesh Wick is concerned, cut you Mesh on a 45 degree angle. This gives far greater flexibility to the Slug and allows for bending without creasing and blocking the flow,

Cracking instructional vid that @Rob
I had a very very brief try with gennies and mesh .and have no desire to revisit them ...but this is gold to anyone that wants to have a go

This is excellent. Thank you, exactly what I was looking for. So the secret of making a bendable mesh is to cut it on the diagonal. I will try to set up a regular rda with a slug wick and also I now feel the need to buy another genesis rta or two. I've looked around but would prefer to take advice from someone with experience in these matters, do you have any recommendations for something readily available and inexpensive (clone)?
Also, am I right in thinking that these are only good for mtl, or could I get a decent rdl vape with it too? I only have 300 mesh at the moment. Sorry for all the questions, I appreciate your help and patience.

"Mainly" designed more towards the MTL Crew really @Ghostface, but there really aren't any hard and fast rules as such. Mainly... as you'll have found with your Nextiny, the airflow is leaning far more at the MTL to Loose MTL, but, some Genesis Tanks can offer you something approaching a Restricted Direct Lung, the obvious one here would be the In'Ax Mk 3 which offers quite a good range of Air Flow Options. I loved mine, it took the whole Nextgen, Nextiny experience up a level, but would be reassuringly familiar to you when it comes to building. :)

RDA with a Slug....

"Mainly" designed more towards the MTL Crew really @Ghostface, but there really aren't any hard and fast rules as such. Mainly... as you'll have found with your Nextiny, the airflow is leaning far more at the MTL to Loose MTL, but, some Genesis Tanks can offer you something approaching a Restricted Direct Lung, the obvious one here would be the In'Ax Mk 3 which offers quite a good range of Air Flow Options. I loved mine, it took the whole Nextgen, Nextiny experience up a level, but would be reassuringly familiar to you when it comes to building. :)

RDA with a Slug....

Again, thanks. Regarding rdl possibilities, I'm aware of possible airflow restrictions, but was mainly curious as to the wicking efficiency and whether it can keep up with the extra juice consumption. Sorry for not stating this clearly in my earlier question :)

BTW, those slugs look great, really tidy.

In my experience, a Mesh Wick, if prepared properly, will out wick Cotton all day long. :) The real boon is the longevity of the wicks and the coils as you already know!:) I have one Mesh build in a NextEra that is over a year old and still going strong, all it needs is an occasional Dry Burn and off it goes again :2thumbsup:

Aliexpress have a Nextera clone for around £20. I haven't been able to find an In'ax clone anywhere and I can't afford to spend the amount they want for an original. Order going in for the Nextera. Thank you for your help [emoji1303]

Aliexpress have a Nextera clone for around £20. I haven't been able to find an In'ax clone anywhere and I can't afford to spend the amount they want for an original. Order going in for the Nextera. Thank you for your help [emoji1303]

i think i have an in’ax clone lying about somewhere. not sure which version but the airflow is very loose, way too loose for me so i’ve never really used it. if i come across it it’s yours if you want it?

Back
Top Bottom