What's new

Mtl wire?

So, i believe my journey with vaping is sort of...coming to an end in terms of hardware.
Got the mod i love, got the batteries i love, got the mtl rtas i love, and got the muji i love.

But theres one little thing iv really not bothered to experiment with yet...and thats the wire.

Iv only ever used 2 types of wire...
26awg kanthal, and a 28awg kanthal.
The latter all the time now with the mtl with a 1.5ohm coil.
But in terms of wire and coils, what would any of you recommend that would/could be a step up from that?

There's an MTL TC thread in MTL section now. Could be fun to experiment with.

So, i believe my journey with vaping is sort of...coming to an end in terms of hardware.
Got the mod i love, got the batteries i love, got the mtl rtas i love, and got the muji i love.

But theres one little thing iv really not bothered to experiment with yet...and thats the wire.

Iv only ever used 2 types of wire...
26awg kanthal, and a 28awg kanthal.
The latter all the time now with the mtl with a 1.5ohm coil.
But in terms of wire and coils, what would any of you recommend that would/could be a step up from that?
No idea ........ I'm exactly where you are! :D

27g

It's the sweet spot - nearly the surface area and structural strength of 26g. Nearly the ramp up speed of 28g. 7 or 8 wraps, 2.5mm is an amazingly dense build.

You're pretty much stuck with Kanthal - the lower resistance of N80 and SS means your coils would be massive building to that sort of resistance.

I'm bored though, so I'm going to give it a try and make a 1.5ohm coil from 24g 316SS - I'll let you know how it turns out.

You're pretty much stuck with Kanthal - the lower resistance of N80 and SS means your coils would be massive building to that sort of resistance.

I'm bored though, so I'm going to give it a try and make a 1.5ohm coil from 24g 316SS - I'll let you know how it turns out.
:popcorn:

27g

It's the sweet spot - nearly the surface area and structural strength of 26g. Nearly the ramp up speed of 28g. 7 or 8 wraps, 2.5mm is an amazingly dense build.
Yep. I've said this a million times and it's a daft reason for choosing it but when I first checked out the forum and vaping was far less advanced. Half the apes seemed to use 26age kanthal and the other half swore by 28. So I bought 27. I still use 26 and 28 as I'm not wasting it, lol. But I prefer 27awg. I've gotten used to its ways, lol.

I quite like the clapton that came with the Naturevape True MTL Tank which is 0.9 ohms, so I've got a spool of the vandyvapes MTL clapton wire inbound from FT.

MTL can be sub ohm and still work :)

I’ve just switched from kanthal to ss and the difference is as big as as ...

A lot

Here you go. 25 wraps of 24g 316SS at 4mm id, coming in at 1.5 ohms. I had to go to 130 watts to get a decent vape:

coil.png

Back
Top Bottom