What's new

Nautilus Prime X

• Thread starter Deleted member 54254
  • Start date
I assume the butt plug on the bottom that pushes up the pod cartridge is wider than the typical coil then and the RBA is the same/similar width and thats why the RBA doesn't work in anything else?

As far as I'm aware the RBA only works in that Nautilus pod.

@rew just did it. Was a little bit fiddly, but managed at the end. Used SS wire of 0.4 mm diameter and it reduced the air hole to about 1. 4-1.5 mm. And now it vapes much better. Thanks a lot for the instructions. Was thinking putting Nautilus X for sale but now im keeping it :)

Just trying to remember the stats for the insert. It was basically a 28g piece of wire with about a dozen wraps round a 1.5mm bit. Not exactly sure. What do you reckon @quincey43

So, to tighten the hole under the coil you wrap some wire and basically push it down? That's very interesting.

@rew just did it. Was a little bit fiddly, but managed at the end. Used SS wire of 0.4 mm diameter and it reduced the air hole to about 1. 4-1.5 mm. And now it vapes much better. Thanks a lot for the instructions. Was thinking putting Nautilus X for sale but now im keeping it :)
Thinking of doing this now for other tanks. Don't suppose you could take a pic could you?

No problem but it wouldn't show anything since it is small and inside the air hole so nothing really to see from the outside. But I will describe it in detail since it will help more.
Take some wire, length about 8 cm approximately.
Wire diameter will choose the reduced hole diameter. I used 0.4 mm(26 awg). Since standard hole is about 2.2mm, minus reducer 2x0.4mm it comes about 1.4 mm. So depending of your preference you choose the wire diameter.
Wrap it tightly around 1.5 mm rod (or different if you want different air hole diameter) to come about 5-8 mm in length (this depends on the tank, used about 8mm for Nautilus RBA).
Cut the reducer so it does not have legs, just rounded part.
Carefully insert it into the air hole by screwing it the same way the reduced is wind. Eg if you wind your reducer clockwise, rotate it in the same direction in order not to get it stuck.
Cut wire if it protrudes out of the air hole using nail clippers or flush wire cutter in order not to have shorts after you install the coil.

This is how I did it. All the credits for this go to @rew and @quincey43, I just shared steps I used to perform it.
If your air hole for other tanks are different diameters just calculate it as:
Standard air hole - 2x wire diameter.

No problem but it wouldn't show anything since it is small and inside the air hole so nothing really to see from the outside. But I will describe it in detail since it will help more.
Take some wire, length about 8 cm approximately.
Wire diameter will choose the reduced hole diameter. I used 0.4 mm(26 awg). Since standard hole is about 2.2mm, minus reducer 2x0.4mm it comes about 1.4 mm. So depending of your preference you choose the wire diameter.
Wrap it tightly around 1.5 mm rod (or different if you want different air hole diameter) to come about 5-8 mm in length (this depends on the tank, used about 8mm for Nautilus RBA).
Cut the reducer so it does not have legs, just rounded part.
Carefully insert it into the air hole by screwing it the same way the reduced is wind. Eg if you wind your reducer clockwise, rotate it in the same direction in order not to get it stuck.
Cut wire if it protrudes out of the air hole using nail clippers or flush wire cutter in order not to have shorts after you install the coil.

This is how I did it. All the credits for this go to @rew and @quincey43, I just shared steps I used to perform it.
If your air hole for other tanks are different diameters just calculate it as:
Standard air hole - 2x wire diameter.

Glad it worked for you mate. It was @quincey43 s idea so all credit goes to her. I just copied the method and passed on the info.

So, to tighten the hole under the coil you wrap some wire and basically push it down? That's very interesting.

You basically make a very long narrow bore coil and slot it in the air hole under the coil.

Back
Top Bottom