What's new

Noisy cricket build issue

My standard build for the cricket whether with a velocity or twisted messes is using the UD Clapton wife which is 26g/32g from memory. 8 wraps around 2.4.

Stick two of this puppies in and plenty of juice and I'm a happy chappy. Changing batteries like a mo'fo as love that full battery punch ;).

Forgot to mention it comes in at around .54

On my DNA or parralel boxes I tend to have builds around 0.18-0.3

Last edited:
Good to know the Snappy chuff cap works with a series mod - been wanting a noisy cricket for a while, will get the chuff cap instead of buying a new dripper. Cheers @kannon

I went to .25 normal kanthal and man it's uncomfortable on the ole lips on the twisted messes. Fused Clapton much better. But thick wire or to coin a phrase wife lol much better

Welcome to series mods lol
In all seriousness please anyone got or getting this mod please do some research on series configuration. I've seen so many people getting this mod who find it to powerful which tells me they wasn't to sure about what they was buying plus to make it worse or better it's a hybrid. TBH I wish it was not popular coz some people have bought this as there first mech.
@kannon you've been give some good advice here just make sure you have good batteries and good wicking material, I find the more premium cottons best like VCC or Kendo. Between 0.4 and 0.7 is fine I'd say higher ohms with just kathal and 0.4 with clapton as they take more heat to warm up but you definitely need that airflow that's and top air I wouldn't say is ideal, I have got away with it using the Sapor as I do like the airflow on that dripper

I'm all good. I'm quite used to mechs now and have a hybrid, just never built for a series mech, wasn't going to go lower than 0.4 as I'm usually at 0.2 but as said with regular kanthal it's near impossible. I'm at around 0.65 now and it's fab. I'm using the Doge now as it was easier to experiment build on than the snapdragon.

Good to know the Snappy chuff cap works with a series mod - been wanting a noisy cricket for a while, will get the chuff cap instead of buying a new dripper. Cheers @kannon

The snappy cap is stupidly airy, no need for a new dripper as long as you're happy you can fit the build you want in the SD deck. [emoji106]

Built for my Noisy Cricket I have

Velocity Mini: dual coil, 26awg, 3mm ID, 1.12ohm
Fuel: Dual coil, 26awg, 2.5mm ID, 0.79ohm
El Cabron: Dual Coil, 26awg, 3mm ID, 0.74ohm

Best flavour is the Velocity, I'm biased though as I (usually) prefer cooler vapes, not really possible with something like the cricket.

I'm all good. I'm quite used to mechs now and have a hybrid, just never built for a series mech, wasn't going to go lower than 0.4 as I'm usually at 0.2 but as said with regular kanthal it's near impossible. I'm at around 0.65 now and it's fab. I'm using the Doge now as it was easier to experiment build on than the snapdragon.

The snappy cap is stupidly airy, no need for a new dripper as long as you're happy you can fit the build you want in the SD deck. [emoji106]
Funny you should say that coz I've literally just been speaking to one of the creators of the doge about the V3 boldvape have then on pre order if tou like the V2

Using the Kennedy 22 because of the massive juice well, running it with 12 wrap 24g kanthal dual coils using Lg hg2's and using native wicks cotton becasue of its resistance to heat. No problems here with wicking absolutely lovley vape could be down to the air flow directly hitting the coils also using the gremlin cap for a better taste IMG_20160121_141457.jpg

Back
Top Bottom