What's new

Novice stock coil question.

If I went down the 100% diy route, what types of kanthal would I need to build single coils between 0.3 - 0'5 ohms? And I suppose I would need one of those coil winder thingys?
Oh no, i'm slipping..........:(

No need for a coil winder although they do make consistent coils. As a wise ape once said, if you can make a circle with one hand whilst holding the other still you can make a coil. Have a look at www.steam-engine.org and play around with the coiling tool. Hit stealthvape up for some wire, add free muji, wire and vape band if needed and watch some youtube tutorials. It's a doddle honestly. The pic shows different coil gauges and resistance as a cheat sheet.

Attachments

• 1448473132853.jpg
    1448473132853.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 33
No need for a coil winder although they do make consistent coils. As a wise ape once said, if you can make a circle with one hand whilst holding the other still you can make a coil. Have a look at www.steam-engine.org and play around with the coiling tool. Hit stealthvape up for some wire, add free muji, wire and vape band if needed and watch some youtube tutorials. It's a doddle honestly. The pic shows different coil gauges and resistance as a cheat sheet.
Cheers mate. I may as well give in. Looking at that sheet, I need 24awg for a 0.50hm coil at 3,mm dia.

Bastards. I only wanted coil advice, and you've just made me buy wire, snippers, a coil winder and a feckin led feckin magnifying glass.

We'll see if you're still upset at 3am when you're happily building staggered fused claptons....

Hehe well I'm sure @cloudcuckoo thought the same when he rebuilt his first kanger coil head ;) good luck dude, any issues just hit us up

Bastards. I only wanted coil advice, and you've just made me buy wire, snippers, a coil winder and a feckin led feckin magnifying glass.

Good luck :D it's addictive. Only started Last week and I'm sleep deprived already staying up playing with random bits of wire lol.
Btw I use 26 awg for around 0.6 or 0.7 and 28 awg for higher. It seems to be easier to work with until u get used to it lol.
And as said no need for coil winder. Coil jig does me fine

Good luck :D it's addictive. Only started Last week and I'm sleep deprived already staying up playing with random bits of wire lol.
Btw I use 26 awg for around 0.6 or 0.7 and 28 awg for higher. It seems to be easier to work with until u get used to it lol.
And as said no need for coil winder. Coil jig does me fine
I've been vaping for a couple of years, and I swore I would never go down the rebuildable route. I've got an addictive personality, and have spent fortunes on other hobbies.
I can feel my wallet weeping.

Back
Top Bottom