What's new

Pandora MTL RTA by Yachtvape

would the air not just be hitting the cotton at the bottom of the vertical coil? what’s the benefit of it?

Your cotton, or whatever the wicking material, is wrapped around the vertical coil so the air passes straight up through the middle.

Like a replaceable stock coil in a tank like the Zenith or Nautilus.

Not sure what the benefits will be yet as I haven't tried it so far, but I've now put a few ml's through the Pandora & have a good idea where the flavour / vape is at for comparison.

Your cotton, or whatever the wicking material, is wrapped around the vertical coil so the air passes straight up through the middle.

Like a replaceable stock coil in a tank like the Zenith or Nautilus.

Not sure what the benefits will be yet as I haven't tried it so far, but I've now put a few ml's through the Pandora & have a good idea where the flavour / vape is at for comparison.

ah that makes sense, thanks.

Here are some pics of the last build I did. It's working for me but not perfect. If I hold it at an angle I get a dry hit. I've cut the cotton to the base of the juice well.

Attachments

• IMG_20201015_204540.jpg
    IMG_20201015_204540.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20201015_204518.jpg
    IMG_20201015_204518.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20201015_205258.jpg
    IMG_20201015_205258.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20201015_205026.jpg
    IMG_20201015_205026.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 52
The pandora got a lot of love on here when it first came out. After a few months of use my feeling is that it's a decent, solid performing tank, but for me at least it doesn't win any prizes.

I keep it out in rotation, because it's relatively new, but when I actually pick a tank it usually loses out to a bersker 2, ares 2, glaz, brunhilde, galaxies or hastur.

It took me a fair while to master wicking this thing. I'm pretty sure I've finally got it. I've found that thinning out the tails a fair bit and cutting them so they only go halfway down the well works best. I was packing the wells too tightly and trying to make sure the tails reach the little hole at the base before. It was working like that, but the wicks weren't completely saturated and I was getting a lot of what seemed at the time, to be random leaking.

This was my quick rewick i did a little while ago, maybe i used too much cotton, the flavour just wasnt as strong as it normally is.

Will rewick now with a bit less cotton.

View attachment 230764View attachment 230765
From this angle, it looks fine. It's frustrating sometimes on here when folk are having issues. Even on this thread, you can see it being slightly differently wicked with no issues. It's a bloody minefield, this lark.

And I'll second what @MHL said above. I find it to be a reliable workhorse, but nowt special. And it's because I've had no problems with it that this puzzles me. Oh.... I had one. But I quickly sussed that.

I'll try and get you a coupla photos later, mate.

Back
Top Bottom